Challenge 53-Faces

Hope everyone is well and happy. Another week has flown by and I hope you have been enjoying crafting as much as I have this week. Sometimes everything seems to go really well and the bin is almost empty and other weeks it fills up really quickly and ideas don't come into my head at all.

It is the last week in March and the last week that we will have the pleasure of Tracey as guest designer. It has been lovely to see what she made for us and I would like to say a huge thank you to her for being our first ever guest designer.

Back to normal now after the excitement of Out of a Hat Creations first birthday and this week the theme is faces. This went into the hat a while ago and was one of Sandra's suggestion.


This is my husband Vic, Daughter Linda and son in law Graham as no one has ever seen them before. I have always liked the 'pop art' pictures of Andy Warhol and have seen a few of them in real life. I thought I would play around in Paint Shop Pro and come up with a similar effect. Apologies to Mr Warhol but I did enjoy doing this.





I couldn't find a frame that the picture would fit into so I made a sort of frame from a large box. I painted it red, though it doesn't look red on the picture, then I sprayed it with Cosmic glitter mist. I painted some of the diamonds from Craftie Emblies and added those as well. It is quite a large crafty work and could be seen by a passing aeroplane if I put it in the garden. Not sure what my daughter will say if she ever sees it--maybe I should hide it quickly.

Why not pop along to see what Tracey, Sandra and Janet have made for the challenge.

Have a good day

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Lovely work Chrissie, Mr Warhol would be proud of you! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pop-art piece is wonderful, and so much fun to look at Chrissie. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could get to grips with digital art it's brill Chrissie and never seen Vic looking so good haha
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop art Chrissie, it's a bit like thermal imaging! Great fun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funky pop art Chrissie it's very refreshing and great to see you're family looking good. Hugs Samdra X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun creation Chrissie! It sure shows that you had a great time playing around
    with Photoshop! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo cool! Very clever indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, looks very arty.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Pop Art faces - love your alternative family portrait!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Chrissy, I'm such a dork when it comes to photo programs! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea - fantastic

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful! so cute and happy!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fun, Chrissie! Although your comment about the passing airplane is hilarious (my hubby and I had a good chuckle), I think it would be something quite pleasant to view from above. Love it! Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie,
    Love what you have done with these photo's Chrissie, got to give this a try.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chrissie, I really love this - I like playing with photo effects too and you've got a super 'pop art' effect. Smashing frame with lovely paint effects. Many thanks for visiting earlier... hope you are having a lovely weekend... Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design