Challenge 51-Out of a Hat

A very warm welcome to my blog-always great to read what you say about the things that I make. We have snow and ice here again this morning so I won't be venturing far.

Another Thursday already-hope your week has gone well and you are ready to join us for another challenge at Out of a Hat

This week the challenge is Easter Bonnet so you can do anything at all that has a fancy hat in it. I did look up Easter bonnet and it didn't say it had to be a bonnet and the ones I saw were mostly hats.

This is the one I made



I needed a model so I put a face on a polystyrene egg I had bought ages ago-I didn't imagine what it would be used for and I bought a packet of smaller ones as well so watch this space lol. I stuck a long stick into the 'egg' and put it into the nice bottle that I had bought at the carboot sale last year. Then added wool hair, pinned on the pink ribbon and made a hat to fit the head.

It was all fun from there as I added all sorts of things that I had found in the hedgerows and some things I had made or bought The feathers I coloured with Promarkers--there are loads of white feathers along the seafront as there are lots of seagulls.

This was real fun for me and I hope you will join in and have some fun yourself. Tracey , Janet and Sandra made wonderful things so do visit their blogs to see what they made.

I would also like to enter this in Try it on Tuesday Challenge where they also have Hats and Easter bonnets as the theme.

Have a lovely day everyone

 Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. Gorgeous hat! I love your egg face too! I have nominated you for a Liebser Award, pop over to my blog to find out what its all about! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely hat! I wouldn't mind one like that to go out in! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one showstopper of a bonnet Chrissie. Absolutely fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chrissie this has made me smile. I love the way you've decorated your hat and hope it will herald the start of spring very soon. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers galore! Love, love your hat Chrissie! Oh, gone are the days when women would wear glorious hats like yours. So pretty!! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Fantastic bonnet.Chrissie Covered in amazing stuff. Lets hope we get some lovely Easter weather so you can wear it !!! :) hugs Max xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious Easter bonnet - the flowers and embellishing are simply lovely - and oh how I love your adorable egg peeking out from under the brim!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks awesome, fantastic details and additions.
    Yvonne x
    p.s. we have a Hats challenge over at TioT's this week if you fancy joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Chrissie, this is amazing, what fabulous decorations you have made for your bonnet. Maybe this Easter we'll still be wearing snow hats lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great work!!!I love all the details. Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful hat and so much to look at, it really is very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a funny and happy creation Chrissie!
    Spring live!

    xxx happy weekend

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one fabulous hat.
    Love the model!!
    Thanks for joining our Hats & Easter Bonnets challenge at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hat is gorgeous. Love all the flowers and embellishments, just right for Easter. Beautiful..
    Lozzy xx
    Great idea for the head as well

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous traditional Easter Bonnet Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful Easter Bonnet, I love how you've decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful Easter had, so much work in it. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great model Chrissie,love her Easter Bonnet
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Chrissie a truly wonderful Easter bonnet just love all the adornments on it. Is it for you or Vic wink wink. :) Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Chrissie a truly wonderful Easter bonnet just love all the adornments on it. Is it for you or Vic wink wink. :) Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your lovely Easter bonnet really makes me wish Spring was finally here!!!!

    Thank you for playing along with us at TioT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your hat is fabulous, Chrissie! So much detail! Like the egghead too!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant Hat Chrissie - love the model too! Thanks for sharing with us at TioT Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design