Challenge 50 at Out of Hat

Hello everyone and I hope you have had a great crafty week--Thursday seems to come around so quickly. A big welcome to my new followers and I hope that you like what you find on my blog.

At Out of a Hat this week the challenge is Friends and Friendship. I am sure we all need those and I am always so happy to hear from my online friends and also to hear what you all have to say about my creations. Thank you to everyone who visits my blog.

This week at Out of a Hat Creations we have Tracey joining us and she is staying for the month of March as a guest designer. You can learn more about Tracey and about this new venture if you visit 'the Hatters' blog


I bought a box of Kleenex tissues then made a cover for them--hopefully who ever gets this will be able to replace the tissues with a new box when they run.

First I made the box cover from a strong packaging box then I painted it green.

I coloured the free digi image and added a patterned background to match-this was printed out 4 times, then I stuck the rectangle to each side of the box--they are all identical. There are little bits of a paper tray cover on the corners, lace on the bottom and I printed Friendship onto some ribbon for the top of the sides. A little punched flower finishes off the corners. The top has lace, a lace flower I made and some die cut swirls. Then I sprayed the top and dipped it in some white sparkle.

Tracey, Janet and Sandra , my lovely blog friends and crafting companions, made great things for this challenge so do visit their blogs to have a look and say hello.

Thanks for looking

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Very pretty piece, what a treasure your Kleenex box is now! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and a lovely project to make someones box of tissues look very special indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box is so beautiful, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea Chrissie love how you have decorated it so pretty. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift for someone in hospital or feeling miserable with the cold. This would cheer them up no end. Very pretty Chrissie. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, so pretty Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic box cover, love the images.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely box cover - such a good idea - then I wouldn't have to scour the shelves for a non-ugly tissue box every time I buy them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty, Chrissie! So girly and cheerful. Love the lace and your friend image. Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This just looks so sweet Chrissie, a wonderfully altered box! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, what a great idea. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous Tissue Box Cover Chrissie ! Love all the lace:) Beautiful work, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making more practical things (although I love making books and canvases and hangings and tags and ... and ...) and I really love this box you have made. What a great gift for someone. Love the panels and how you did the edges.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chrissie I love my friendship tissue box thank you for swapping with me
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super creation...Love the colors and stamping !

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's supper Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design