Artful Times and Tando

Hello Everyone-hope your day is going well. Nice to have you visit my blog today and hope you enjoy what you find here as much as I enjoyed making it.

Today I sharing my project with Artful Times where the theme is Alcohol Inks and Tando Creative Challenges where the theme is flowers.

I cast my mind back quite a long way and remembered a piece of hand made paper that Von had sent me and she had written on the back 'shaving foam and alcohol inks'. I think she even wrote a tutorial about how to do this but it may have been before she ventured into Blogland. Well there are lots of tuts on how to do it and these are some of the card pieces I made with one splodge. Mine shaving foam has a wonderful smell that lingers around for ages.


I cut out a piece from one of the 'artworks' and used it on this 6x7 inch card. The flower is also made using alcohol inks. I cut out the Tim Holtz tattered flowers dies using parchment then I lightly spritz it and blobbed on some alcohol ink. After it dried I just assembled it as it was a bit crumpled by then just with the reaction to the water.

Thanks for looking

Love Chrissie xx.

Comments

  1. Wow Chrissie this is outstanding ! I love the paper you created with the alcohol inks totally beautiful , as for the flower just stunning . A beautiful piece of art and deserves a frame ! Hope all is well with you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chrissie this is outstanding ! I love the paper you created with the alcohol inks totally beautiful , as for the flower just stunning . A beautiful piece of art and deserves a frame ! Hope all is well with you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card and flower Chrissie,you really don't need anything else with such colourful papers :)
    owww yes it's wonderful the way the smell lingers on the papers :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect you've achieved here Chrissie. I had a play with my AIs last night and frankly the results were pants. I haven't tried this technique but I might just give it a go if I've time. Great inspiration. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness - those are stunning papers... and what a glorious card! Sounds like a really fun technique...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pastel colours you have created so pretty. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that background and that flower is truly gorgeous. Must have a go at that flower.

    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pieces Christine. It hank you for joining us at tando creative this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh Chrissie - you've created a fabulous background with the inking technique - it looks amazing and the flower is stunning.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo very beautiful, Chrissie. Love it.

    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love that shaving cream and ink effect. It smells good too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh wow, this is fabulous! I didn't know you could use alcohol inks for the shaving foam technique. The flower looks awesome too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Chrissie this is so beautiful, the colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colours and I'd forgotten about this technique but your project is so beautiful I might just have to go and have a play. Your flower is beautiful too (you should link it to the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die challenge, closes 22/03). x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love how you used the alcohol inks! Thanks for joining the Tando Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card and ink effects... Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design