Challenge 49-Hanging About

Hello Everyone and a warm welcome to my blog. Always good to see you and to read any comments that you leave

Great matchboxes from the people who joined in at the Hatters for the last challenge

Well February is almost over and here we are with another challenge at Out of a Hat Creations. This week the theme is hanging about so this could mean something different to all of us.

I chose to make a hanging from a piece of material I had 'hanging' around for a long time.




It was a very sunny day when I took picture this so one side looks a bit faded but it isn't in real life.

I did blanket stitch and cross stitch in brown wool and the bit at the top is the metal that you find at the top of very cheap calendars. It is ideal to use for hangings and even better, I could thread it through the material on this one.

The flowers are in Kanzashi style. There are lots of different tutorials for these on the net but all are a bit different so I have tried to do my own Variation.

To finish it off I added buttons and some wooden leaves.--oh and crumpled ribbon-not sure about that though :(

Do pop to see what Sandra and Janet have made and say hello to them if you have time.

Love Chrissie xx

I am also entering this into the very first challenge at Rhedd and Rosie where the theme is anything goes.



Comments

  1. Lovely work, used to do a lot of embroidery when I was able to see where to put the needle! Great challenge, too, I am looking forward to doing this one! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful piece, I love the flowers.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I really adore the flowers and the crumpled ribbon looks fine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Chrissie...I love those flowers...I'm going to have to have a look at how to make them..
    Hugs
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Chrissie, I love it. I think the crumpled ribbon is perfect. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks wonderful Chrissie! Great needlework and your flowers are amazing! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous... your fabric rosette flowers are beautiful against the rich red - a really beautiful hanging!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hanging, those flowers look fantastic.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing project! I had never heard of these Kanzashi flowers before, they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done, Chrissie...lovely hanging. The color of the background is quite nice, and the flowers perk it all up with their colors and design.

    Blessings,

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful hanging Chrissie, and I love your flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow.. a stunning piece Chrissie
    wow!

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous, great piece of work.
    Thanks for joining Rhedd & Rosie's Anything Goes Challenge, we hope to see you again.

    Moira DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely and completely different. Those flowers are brilliant, I think I might have to research them for a future paper project. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab project thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the way you've done the flowers on your great hanging Chrissie. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your flowers are just fantastic Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great "hanging" project Chrissie. I'm off now to look fro some Kanzashi flower tuts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Hanging Chrissie & beautiful flowers
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Chrissie no end to your talents I see, what a fantastic hanging,what amazing needlework and beautiful flowers. The added wooden pieces ares so pretty embellishing those gorgeous flowers.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chrissie. Love your stitching. The flowers are fab, lovely idea to add leaves and buttons. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty - love the flowers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so lovely Chrissie, those flowers are fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Chrissie! Love your fabric flowers. They are really pretty with the buttons and leaves you've added. Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, those flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Rhed and Rosies forst challenge this week. Hugs Tina x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design