Challenge 46 Out of a Hat

Hello Friends and Followers everywhere. A big thank you for taking time to visit my blog and all the wonderful comments you leave.

This week at The Hatters the project is 3 Textures and I know some people can make wonderful textures in all sorts of ways but mine are a bit 'normal' I'm afraid.

I am making a book of dictionary alpha pages at the Craft Barn so I thought I would use the textures challenge to make the cover for the book


First of all I covered the book with some paper from my Search Press Bumper Book of Papers and painted it with H20 shiny gold paint. Then I added a piece of card that was embossed with a folder and highlighted with Distressed Ink. Lastly, to add extra strength to the sides, I edged them with some nice, thick, patterned ribbon. This should stay strong for the whole year it is going to take to do the Alpha Challenge Pages.

Hope you will visit Janet and Sandra to see what they made for this challenge and if you have time, join with us in this challenge

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Great idea for your book cover

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a perfect cover for your alpha challenge and it has some great texture. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely textures, great idea to make a cover fr your book! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab textures and a perfect book cover. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely cover. Great use of textures. Hope you share what is going inside! Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the textures, its a fantastic cover.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab cover for your Alpha Book - maybe you will start a trend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the texture! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever to make a cover for your "alphabet" book. Don't you just love it when you can create something beautiful for a challenge and it is useful as well - "two birds, one stone". Good job Chrissie.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic textures Chrissie,great book cover
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant Chrissie, gorgeous textures for you book cover x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cover and great texture. I really like your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cover for your book Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great textures and a brilliant cover for your book.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design