Birds and Butterflies

Hello Everyone-Thank you to everyone who visits and leaves comments they are always much appreciated.

Lots of inspiration on textures from the people who joined us at the Hatters with the last challenge-always lovely to have people join in with us.

This week at Out of a Hat Creations we are having a Birds and Butterflies Challenge. You can make something with either or both and any project you like so plenty of scope for this challenge.  To see what Janet and Sandra have made for the challenge be sure to visit their  blogs 

Hope you will visit Sandra and Janet's Blogs to see what they have made for the challenge.

This is what I did. My daughter bought me a cane heart and said she thought I might like to decorate it--she was right I did  really enjoy decorating it

before

after

First of all I sprayed it a light pink then I cut out butterfly shapes from a paper napkin and made bead bodies for them.

Next I made flowers from the same napkin and some stiffer ones as well which I sprayed with gold paint. As am afterthought I added the little mirrors and the swirls then some small butterflies from a magazine freebie background paper. A few more beads to fill in gaps around the edge and that's it finished. I didn't like the ribbon so added an old chain as a hanger.

It is hung in the conservatory and the mirrors catch the light.

Nice of you to pop by

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Wow, this project is fantastic! I love off the page projects and this is so effective, I love everything about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous alteration, looks amazing.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your heart! Very fitting for Valentine! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very lovely, Chrissie. I love the butterflies alit on the top, as if they just landed there.

    I hope your day is grand,

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Chrissie, what a transformation, this is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chrissie this is beautiful. I bet it is perfect in the conservatory. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh this is so beautiful! I love all the butterflies and the swirls and mirrors look gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Chrissie, that is an amazing alteration! You did a fab job adding colour and beautiful elements to it! ENjoy your weekend, hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie. Love your heart. The gold is very effective. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's a gorgeous piece of art. Have had to look twice to find the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Chrissie I
    love it just beautiful I hope you get lots of sun to make it sparkle hugs Max x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful creation I love it Chrissie. Your daughter was right to give you something so wonderful for you to decorate and you've made it look much more interesting and unique. Simply gorgeous. I am your newest follower too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you as a follower Michelle

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous Chrissie and love the addition of the little mirrors :) where did you find those ?
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the mirrors were from The Works Von

      Love Chrissie

      Delete
  14. Love your transformation! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a totally amazing project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Chrissie,love your heart alteration,great butterflies.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Chrissie, this is a wonderful creation, I love all the butterflies.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chrissie, this is gorgeous, what a transformation. I love those butterflies. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing Chrissie. This is BEAUTIFUL. Sounds as if you have a lovely daughter who takes after her mum. That heart is a lovely gift to you.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another stunner, Chrissie! Lovely job decorating this. I bet it looks fab with the sun shining on it. Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design