Challenge 44 Out of a Hat

Hello Everyone. I hope your week has gone well and that you have been enjoying some great crafting.

This week at Out of a Hat Creations the theme is Clocks so lots of things you could chose to make if you join us in the challenge.

I bought this old clock last year at the car boot sale near to where I live. It only cost 50p and when I added a battery it worked and kept perfect time--what a surprise that was. I put it up on the wall in my craftroom until this challenge came 'out of the hat' then I thought it would be a good time to transform it.


Now is a Steampunkery Clock.

The first thing I did was cover the edge of the clock with aluminium tape then work in various inks to make it look like old metal. The wings and cog I stamped onto the tape as well using Chocolate Baroque stamps.

That done I could concentrate on the middle so I looked for the Roman numerals clock face on Google and printed it out to fit my clock. I cut a slit at the centre of the circle so that I could slip it in place-to cover the slit I added some Crafty Emblies Cogs and a rusty washer I found in the shed.

Quite a different clock now so all I need is to decorate the whole of the room in Steam Punk Style to match the clock.

 Do pop to see what Sandra and Janet have made for this challenge

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. This project is simply stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love how you have steampunked your clock! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab, love your steam punk clock! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! LOVE this! What a transformation. Not bad for 50p and a little creative fun. You rocked this one, Chrissie. Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Chrissie what a fantastic transformation job you have done. It really looks fabulous and all for 50p. Bet it looks good in your craft room now Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another jaw dropper Chrissie!!! I'm in love with this clock! PLEASE tell me more about how you did your metal foil case as it is a work of genius. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Chrissie this is just fab. I'm with Buttons, how did you get that amazing texture on the metal,tape. A stunning transformation! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Chrissie, it's absolutely gorgeous

    110% improvement - lol

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic alteration, its worth a lot more money now, its looking this good.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Chrissie! This is an amazing transformation, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous clock Chrissie,great find for 50p
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chrissie that's a fab transformation the tape has worked really well :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will do a tut about the metal tape thing but it is very easy honest. Just buy the best aluminium tape with a good sticky backing and treat it with respect as it is metal and can give you a nasty cut . I used some black acrylic paint on this one-just blob some on,work it in with a baby wipe, then wipe most of it off again. That's it really.

    Thankyou for the wonderful comments

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bargain Chrissie! Totally inspiring.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so clever Chrissie - what a fabulous transformation! Looking forward to the car boot season! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a completely fantastic makeover... from dull, serviceable, bland to steampunk, fabulous art! This is so inspirational, Chrissie!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design