Challenge 43 Out of a Hat

Hello Again everyone--hope you have had a really nice crafty week. Thank you for all the lovely comments and for popping by my blog

This week at Out of a Hat Creations it is time to use the most useful stamp in your stash and also tell us why it is so useful if possible.


This butterfly stamp was one of the first stamps I ever bought and I have used it many times for all sorts of projects. It was made by Elusive Images and is numbered DO455. I have always loved it because of the shape of the wood it is mounted on and the way I can hold it so well and get a clear stamp every time.

The light was so poor when I took this so none of the sparkle shows well at all-I usually take pictures outside but we have deep snow at the moment(Tuesday) and it is freezing cold.. Vic is making a light box for me so things should get better


I covered a notepad by using the sheet of sticky foam left when you have used all of the round foam pieces on a sheet. Firstly I covered the whole notebook with the sheet of 'holes'-it is sticky on both sides. Then I filled the 'holes' with Craftcard Candi that I had dipped into some thin pva glue. Next I sprinkle glitter over the whole thing. The butterflies were coloured to match and the little flowers added for extra interest. There are 6 butterflies in all to make them stand out more.

Hope you join this challenge with Janet, Sandra and Me

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. This is beautiful Chrissie, great idea to use that foam, and wonderful results! Keep warm! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the great colours and beautiful butterflies! trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use the foam and I love your project.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! The background is just stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing idea, very inventive and looks so beautiful too! Love that stamp! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very beautiful, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sumptuous background and beautiful Butterfly stamp. Lovely project. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cever idea for the notebook. I love the colour of this project and can see why this is your most useful stamp.
    marina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab creation, that sparkly purple is lovely

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work Chrissie. Purple is a lovely colour and is overlooked too often. The sparkle just tops it off.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Chrissie, what a great way to use up the gluey sheet, and your butterflies are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant Chrissie ! what an inspired background :) and I'm not suprised to your butterfly lol
    Covered in the white stuff here today as well :(
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful notebook Chrissie, the colour is gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Not at home so not joining in - and I have time! Might just c heat.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chrissie, what a fabulous project such a gorgeous notebook and the colours wow !!! they really jump off the page.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful project, I love everything about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chrissie, this is sooo pretty! I love purple and butterflies are a symbol of grace and beauty. Love it! Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great back ground Chrissie & your butterfly stamp is gorgeous.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a stunning altered notebook - blingtastic! And I can absolutely see why you love that butterfly stamp... looks wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great use for that waste product! Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design