A Star

Hello All-hope the sun is shining where you are. The forecast says snow for us this weekend and it is very cold at the moment so maybe the white stuff isn't far away. Hope you are having a nice crafty day.

I decided to venture into Inchies when I saw one on Hazel's blog. I hadn't realisesd how difficult it is to make something so small so here is my poor effort for the challenge at Every Inchie Monday where the theme is a Star.


I made the inchie in felt and did some random sewing around the edges. The star shape is cut out in card and embossed with some mixed up embossing powder. I added it to the card with a heart shaped brad. Then I stitched a red sequin to each corner.

I did get a book called Inchies for my birthday-printed by Search Press and costs £6.99. I will read it before the next inchie challenge and maybe get a better idea of how to make them.

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. And why is this poor Chrissie? I love it - lots of texture and a fantastic edging. These are always a real challenge to get right and you have done really well here. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL!! Write it behind your ears, Chrissie, nothing poor about it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are great textures and contrasts here ! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely! Fabulous decadent colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are extremely small aren't they, twinchies are too small for me so I have no chance with an inchie!!!

    Love what you've done with yours though.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautifully done Chrissie :)with texture and rich colours.
    blooming raining here again aghhhh
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this felt inchie. Sumptuous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't need a book, you've got it all right there! Good for you. Welcome to Inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont think this is a poor star on your part, I like it alot so busy & tactile very pretty! Glad you have joined us! They are such fun to make

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't tried an inchie yet but it's surprising how much you can get on them. This is lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't tried an inchie yet but it's surprising how much you can get on them. This is lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I like the dark like the night colors! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks wonderful! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stitching and the buttons! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is wonderful. Love your inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad that you've ventured into inchies Chrissie - yours is beautiful - great textures. It's amazing the amount of things that can fit into an inch square.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design