Anything Goes at Artful Times

Happy Sunday everyone--hope you are safe from the rain and floods where you are. It has just stopped raining here and we haven't had much at all in our little corner of NE UK. I do hope I haven't spoken too soon :(

At Artful Times for the next 2 weeks they have an 'anything goes challenge' so do pop over and add whatever you are making. Neet and Von will be sure to welcome you and you can see what they have made for the challenge.

I have made this paper napkin holder for my MIL as she has invited us for a meal on Thursday and I always try to make something to take with me as a thank you. She likes really big paper napkins so I have allowed a bit of extra space each side just in case she finds any that are larger than the ones I have bought--these are large anyway-the ones I usually buy were hidden from view when I tried them in this holder.


I made the box shape from strong cardboard--old Amazon boxes mostly. I stuck it with parcel tape around all the edges and liked the colour so left some to show when I added the gold and white card to all the sides and the back. Everything else you can see--a bit of paper distressed with Rangers ink pad and the same for the text. The flower bits I have had for ages so I put several together to make a flower. The little circles are from Candi. If it all sounds simple it wasn't it took me all yesterday and all this morning to make it -me and box making don't mix too well.

That's it girls

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. This is really gorgeous and what a great gift idea

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another useful and ingenious make from you Chrissie MIL will be thrilled for sure :)
    Great to have you sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project and so useful.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous make Chrissie. I've never made a napkin holder. Your is gorgeous.

    Thank you for the link to the other Artful Blog.

    Hugs
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab make, and a wonderful gift. Love everything about it. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet and thoughtful of you to make something this pretty for your MIL Chrissie! I'm sure she will be delighted again! Thanks for leaving me such sweet comments, always love hearing from you! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's such a clever idea. Love the string of pearls around the opening. Aren't Amazon boxes the best for strong construction work?! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project and a wonderful gift - I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know me, I love boxes and I adore this one you have made. Very Vintage and very elegant. I applaud you for your ideas Chrissie - this is one I will use myself if you don't mind. I love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie. What a great gift this is; she's sure to love it. I can totally believe it took you ages to make and the effect is very elegant.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a lovely gift Chrissie which I'm sure was well received. I love the vintage feel of your napkin holder. The tape does look good peeking through there too.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie, Amazing: it is so pretty and would make a lovely gift. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful creation Chrissie. A lovely gift ,especially at this time of year. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design