OOAHC Challenge 29

Hello Friends and Followers

Here I am back in the swing of things after a glorious few days away just chilling out and getting lots of fresh air.
Out of Hat Creations Christmas is going really well with so many wonderful card entries for last week's challenge. Great to have you join in and share your ideas.
 This week it is Christmas packaging with lots of suggestion given in the challenge post-thanks Florence, hope you will all join us in the challenge and have fun along the way. Do visit Janet's,  Sandra's and Florence's blogs to see what they have made for this challenge and say hello to them as they love to hear from you.

I was hoping to have perfected my entry and written a tutorial to share with you by the time the challenge came around but, sadly, I still haven't got it quite as I want it. I made three but a bit like Goldilocks, the hole at the centre of one was too big, the next one too small and the third one----too big again-not like Goldilocks :(. By the December Christmas I hope to have it just right :).

I designed the box shape and based it on some that my daughter used to make years ago. Hers were made using a stamp and were much more complicated than my version. The poinsetta and holly one is some digi images coloured with Promarkers, The Father Christmas and teddies is a scanned Christmas card from last year and the other one is me with Santa on a very snowy day. If you would like to go on the snowy walk with us you can, just hop over to here

This is one panel of the box and I used 7 for each box-just fold the egdes and stick them together then fold over the tops and bottoms-the complicated bit is making a shape to fit inside the top and the bottom--I need to get that right yet.

Hope you enjoy all of the Christmas Challenges as we are doing.

Love Chrissie xx





Comments

  1. These look so impressive when made up and yet you've made it very clear in your post. Thanks for sharing, and thank you for your lovely comment. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gift boxes, Chrissie - they look pretty complicated in cutting and folding terms, but definitely worth the effort!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW fab packages Chrissie, great inspiration. I think they look like Christmas lanterns.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift boxes, they all look wonderful.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boxes are gorgeous, looking forward to seeing a tutorial! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boxes are beautiful, they look like they are much more complicated than that 1 sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen this type of box Chrissie, they're fab. I love the one with you and Santa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, I love it!
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous idea Chrissie - I love them all.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely make Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy, do I need to get started on the holiday preparation! Your beautiful work is quite an inspiration to do so - and I love the goldilocks comment ;)
    Beautiful and bravo, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great Chrissie - love them. Haven't seen anything else like them before so thanks for showing us.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fantastic, Chrissie! I can't see where you went wrong at all. I love how you printed out the photo of you and Santa and used that as your image. Great idea! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous makes Chrissie absolutely beautiful, so festive and will make such lovely gifts.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design