CAS at Addicted to Stamps and More

Well they do say third time lucky and after throwing my first two attempts today in the bin I finally made a card for the Clean and Simple challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.

I always find this type of card difficult to make but like scrapbooking I am learning here at ATSAM

Wonderful samples as always for inspiration.

Made a simple topper with a round splodge in grey and then cut-out a swirl with a Marianne designs die.

I added a lilac paper to the back of the cut-out space then stuck the swirl onto the edge of my topper. The card is half patterned with a Cuttlebug Folder and then I just added a jewel to finish it all off. I had to take a picture quickly before I distressed the raised bits and added a flower or even two. I haven't really added anything else--not yet.

Comments

  1. How simple is that? Yet, it is stunning, loving your idea of adding the stronger colour behind the die cut and leaving the remainder white.
    Thanks for sharing with us again at ATSAM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look fab, great embossing, love white on white.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the positive and negative for a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love this! Don't touch it! LOL! It is just perfect. I love the swirlies and how you used the negative and positive. Thanks for playing at ATSAM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I like your blog and I see that you're also a twinchie fan.
    I'll follow you now!
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all this white space. Great CAS card Chrissie - thanks for sharing with us at ATS&M this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful and elegant, love the embossing.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean, Chrissie. I'm not sure I've mastered the CAS monster yet but this card is terrific! I love the positive and negative and I'm always a huge fan of embossing. Thanks so much for playing along at ATS&M! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Chrissie, love how you've used the positive and negative of the diecut ands the embossing is so pretty:) Thanks for playing along at ATS&M, perfect CAS card!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea for a CAS card - I can sympathise with making more attempts at this style - grubby marks are always a problem for me but hopefully we improve as we go along so less gets thrown away!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design