Tree as the Main Focus

At Artful Times for the next two weeks they have a challenge that I couldn't wait to start-Von has challenge us to have a tree as the main focus. I just love trees but one tree inparticular that I visit often and love to hug. It is in Sewerby Hall and Gardens where we have a yearly pass each year so we go there whatever the season or the weather. So many wonderful old and new trees and beautiful plants. This collage is to celebrate my favourite tree

I used the same photograph of the tree three times and added effects to make it look a bit different in each picture. The background paper is from an old card that I recycled. The lace was sent to me by a friend--thank you Sandra. I found the tiny cones on the road side in town--not sure what the tree is that bears them but it does grow well with all the traffic that passes it every day. The slice of wood is one of many that I bought from a charity shop. The wooden embellishments are some I won at Crafty Emblies. The quote I found on Google.

just to give you some idea of how big the tree is--this is me giving a hug

Love Chrissie xx




Comments

  1. Wonderful! Chrissie I can see why you love that tree . Give it a big hug from me next time you visit. hugs Max x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and collage - love the idea of having a tree to hug. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous piece, love those trees.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous that you've used a tree that you are so familiar with.

    Thanks for playing along with us again this week.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to pay homage to something you love. I was wondering if the tree in the lilac effect is the same one also, love what you have done with the photograph.
    You alway manage to come up with something different so it is a pleasure to visit. Thanks for joining us at Artful Times, Hug, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous gnarly old tree Chrissie :) love your card with all the elements
    Thanks for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Chrissie, I love this homage to your favorite tree its wonderful. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely personal card Chrissie, and that is one huge tree!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your talents no no bounds ! What an amazing collage and especially as it is something that you love, I didn't have you down as a tree hugger though but how lovely !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design