Perfect Picture

At Crafty Emblies this month the challenge is Perfect Picture.




Well I am not saying this picture is perfect as I painted it over 20 years ago and it has stayed in a folder with a few others that I did at the time. I wouldn't call myself a painter at all but this is just to say that if you sit and gaze at something for a few hours while you paint it then that scene becomes timeless to you. As far as I know this small part of Ennerdale lake in the Lake District National Park looks exactly the same as it did the day I painted this picture cause I haven't been there for many a year.
I layered the picture and distressed the edges of the white card. The hardboard is the back of the frame. Added a Crafty Emblies clock and the quote--I made that up. The frame I stamped with a Personal Impressions clear stamp--Fluttering By.

Comments

  1. Just beautiful, Chrissie! Such a perfect scene! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, both the picture and frame. I love the Lake District.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known you a long time Chrisse and never knew you could paint it's such a wonderful secene :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done any painting for years Von--it was a passion for a time then I realised I wasn't very good at it :(

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you do much for joining the second theme 'picture perfect' over on the Crafty-Emblies page....

    This is gorgeous! Picture is beautiful, the frame is stunning with that stamped image and I love the addition of the Crafty-Emblies clock. A fantastic project.

    I hope you will be joining us in our future challenges over on our blog/page.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Fabulous Chrissie. I'm surprised you no longer paint!! Love the frame as well. Super photo.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow how gorgeous,and so so beautiful is,this gosh really admire someone who can paint and this I adore,bless you for playing at crafty-emblies this month too hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful peacefu scene. No wonder you came up with that great quote to match the mood.
    thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty-Emblies and entering the 'Picture Perfect' challange.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so beautiful. I really admire people who can paint and this is stunning. Love the frame and the addition of a Crafty-Emblies Clock.

    Thank you for joining in with us on our second challenge over at Crafty-Emblies.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect !! reminds me of my childhood ! Thank You for joining us over at Crafty-Emblies xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design