Unruly PaperArts and Addicted to Stamps

I have never been a fan of scrapbooking or journaling but since looking at some of the challenges I am beginning to see it can be a nice way to pass the time.

At Unruly Paperarts you are asked to create a scrapbook page and as an extra challenge include some journaling. Fortunately they had an article explaining what that was so I have had a go. My own writing is so bad these days that I have printed my text onto acetate--hope that counts. Fastened it on with some sandy looking brads. The peel-off letters I stuck on acetate as well. If someone had asked me if I had any letters peel-offs I would have said no and when I searched I found hundreds :(

At Addicted to Stamps they have a scrapbook challenge each month which got me started on scrapbooking again after not doing any for ages.This month the challenge is holidays so I couldn't wait to get started.

I digitally painted a sand/sea background for my page. Added photos and the great tickets that my friend Janet sent for me--thanks Janet.

Sorry Kylie for my title being the same as yours--mine was going to be 'Girls just want to have fun' and I had all the letters ready and then they wouldn't fit in:(

This is a little feature--I left the top of the one of the photographs unstuck then added a few more pics into the 'pocket' they can be easily pulled out with the shell shapes.

Best thing is it brought back wonderful memories of a great time we had last year and also thoughts of a few weeks time when they are coming to stay with us again :)

Comments

  1. Hi Chrissie. This is fabulous. Love everything especially the little pocket with the extra photos. You definately should do more scrapbooking.
    Hugs, Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I'm not a great one for scrapbooks just making pages of the cats now and again. Love your fresh happy family page and the way you have tucked some extra piccies behind is a lovely addition XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie I am so glad that you have found scrapbooking again. What a lovely memory to scrap! I especially like your sandy background and your extra hidden photos were a top idea! Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx (and your title is great cause great minds think alike xx)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scrapbook page! I love the great beach elements!

    Thanks for questing with us at UPA!

    Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry on the 26th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you went back to scrapping as this is a wonderful page. You created such a lovely beach/water background, and I love the shell "pull tabs" on the extra photos. The journaling idea is wonderful. Thanks for being Unruly and entering the RAQ at Unruly PaperArts! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous LO Chrissie, love your sandy background and the hidden photos with their shell pulls are pure genius! Thank you for playing along with us at ATS
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah for unleashing your inner scrapper! What fabulous photos to scrap. I too love the little pocket with the shell tops to the extra photos. A beautiful keepsake! Thanks so much for sharing your holiday with us at ATS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie , what a stunning layout, love the photo and how clever are you with the shell pull outs. So glad you have started scrapping and thank you for sharing this beauty with us at ATS.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page and I especially like the way you have used shells as tabs. Great idea.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design