Out of a Hat Challenge13-Little Book

The challenge this week at Out of a Hat Challenges was to be A Domino Book but we decided to include any small book no more than 3x3 inches.

I hadn't a clue where to start but I did have some dominoes so that was a good place. I found the wonderful Artful Musing blog of Laura Carson with this fantastic tutorial. I could have spent all day just looking at the wonderful little book that she had made but jumped in with both feet to start making my own. Maybe one day I will be able to make something as beautiful but for now this is my effort and a big thank you to Laura and all the wonders on her blog




Front-Difficult to take a photo as the picture is printed on acetate

inside
inside back

side of it closed.


Hope you will venture to Janet, Florence and Sandra's blogs to see what they have made for this weeks challenge.

Sandra had the idea to have this challenge as a swap amongst the four of us as we have become such good crafting friends. I got the beautiful one that Sandra made and I am so thrilled with it for sure-a real keepsake :) Thank you Janet, Sandra and Florence and all the people who join us with their ideas on our challenges it has added a new dimension to crafting for me.
This is beautiful domino book I received from Sandra


 Do come and join us with your take on the challenges as we so love to see what you make whatever it is if it is in the theme.







Comments

  1. Morning Chrissie. How gorgeous is this!!! Stunning project and beautifully made. Thanks for sharing the link to Laura's wonderful blog.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little book Chrissie :)something I have been meaning to do for a while now
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little book, love the details on your cover.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie, I just love your little book its so pretty. Great techniques used as well. I bet Janet was thrilled with this. So gald you liked mine. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty Chrissie, I love the addition of the pearls around the edges. Great images too.
    You are lucky to have the one from Sandra as well - now hope this gets you creating more of these little treasures.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a lovely job! Laura's work is amazing, I am lucky enough to have a beautiful ATC she made. I haven't made a domino book in a while, will have to check out the challenge and see if I have time this weekend!! Thanks for popping by to see me for WOYWW - Sorry I am so late, life messed up my plans Weds and this is the first chance I've had to catch up!! Cindy #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie
    I know how gorgeous your domino book is I'VE GOT IT!!!!
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie. This lovely, little book looks like a piece of jewellery. Have a great weekend. Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous little domino book, love the one you got from Sandra, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Chrissie, what a beautiful book, love the images on the covers. Hopefully I'll get something done before the deadline! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design