Out of a Hat Challenge 12

Buttons is the challenge this week at Out of a Hat Creations so do pop over and join in with us if you have time we love to see what you make of our challenges.

I was wishing I had kept my old box of buttons that I had collected for years but before I joined blog challenges I sent them to the charity shop. Now I see the word buttons all over the place and have started a collection again as they are so expensive to buy new. We do have 2 carboot sales each week in the summer near to where I live so now I have started to get quite a few buttons again and I am thrilled-nice to be easily pleased isn't it?


This is a fairly large modern frame that I have had for a while. I stamped with different colours and stamps to make a background then I crotcheted and knitted some flowers to make a bouquet. All it needed was the buttons as centres and a bow to turn it into a bouquet. Add a quote and a couple of flutterbys and there you have a picture.

Do visit Janet's blog, Sandra's blog and Florence's blog to see how they made their samples for this challenge always beautiful work from the girls

Hope you will join us in the challenge and show us what you make.

I would like to enter this in the Unruly Paper Arts Challenge as well

Comments

  1. Morning Chrissie. Stunning project. The flowers are brilliant! love the stamping. Beautifully put together. The pound shop some times sell bags of buttons which are quite reasonable. Great crafting with you this week.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work Chrissie, I so wish I could make flowers like that, just cant get to grips with crochet!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...oh wow...I adore your knitted & crotched flowers Chrissie, they totally make this rather super card, your background is gorgeous too & the ickle flutterby's...superb make!...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the knitted/crochet flowers
    Its a beautiful picture.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the knitted/crochet flowers
    Its a beautiful picture.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie this is just fabulous, you've made me want to dig out my 'crochet box'. Love the two tone of the flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are amazing! Beautiful project! Thanks for questing with us at UPA!

    Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry on the 26th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully stamped background for your flowers Chrissie :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Chrissie I do believe is is the most beautiful thing you have ever made , well in my humble opinion anyway. Totally stunning, elegant blithe the flowers and the stamping. A beautiful harmonious creation.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie, I love your frame the stampimg is just fab and those crochet flowers and buttons the perfect finish. I do hope you are going to put this up on your wall. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Chrissie this is gorgeous I love the flowers did you just make up or follow a pattern for them. I have been making little crochet hearts to keep my fingers busy . x Max x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie,love your flowers,the buttons fit so well with them,beautiful picture
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chrissie, love your picture with the crocheted flowers and buttons, really great piece! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card - what a lot of work to knit the flowers!! You are clever. Thanks for popping by to see me. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Chrissie! I just saw this on the Unruly Paper Arts Best Bouquet art quest--what a wonderful piece!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just realised I had not commented on this. Sorry. What a great idea to crochet those flowers. You always manage to come up with something a bit different each time. Brilliant!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How beautiful! Just found this on the Unruly Paper Arts RAQ Showcase. It's absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design