Father's Day at Sugar Creek Hollow

The challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is Father's day.

My dad died many years ago but I thought I could still make him a card he might be looking down on me somewhere and think it is a nice idea. He loved music and cars and travel so I have tried to put a bit of that into the card. The picture I aged by making it more like a stamped imaged and sepia coloured.

Tim Holtz cog die cuts and a gold, embossed flower I made to complete the card. The bottom saying is advice he gave me from an early age and the top one is mine.





Comments

  1. ...tis beautiful Chrissies, a handsome fellow your Dad, a loVely card with cool elements he'll loVe this & you'll feel him smile i'm sure of that...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to your dad Chrissie :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Chrissie and such a fab tribute to your Dad. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful memory and tribute to your Dad. Thank you for sharing it with us at SCH.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story and work of "heart"....I am sure he would have loved this. You should frame this as it is too lovely to put away. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs. I did the same thing,,,,made my dad a card though he'd been dead for 17 years. I know how you must miss him!

    such a beautiful vintage card!

    Hugs.

    Thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design