Out of a Hat Challenge 9-Bingo

Lovely to see people enjoying our vintage lace challenge and I loved seeing what you had made.

This challenge at Out of a Hat is for 2 weeks as I will be away but as there are so many choices you could always make more projects for this challenge using different rows. This was another idea from Florence that went into the hat and I made the BINGO board.

The idea is to chose a row in any direction and use the elements on that row in your project. I chose glitter, image, die cut and ribbon for mine.
You can't judge a book by it's cover.
I made this cover that can be used on most books-just slip the book inside. It certainly looks better on the coffee table than the book I am reading.

For the basic sleeve I used a laminate sheet. I bought a box of 50 years ago when everyone laminated everything and most of them never got used. I do use them now on my craft table as they wipe so easily and save mess. The laminator has long since gone as it stopped working.
Slice the two parts down the middle and use either side for the cover or make two covers in different thicknesses for thick or thinner books
I made a front for the sleeve, on a piece of card, with all the elements in the challenge and stuck it onto the laminate cover with strong double sided tape.  The little Bingo card is a bookmark

There are two colours of ribblon with a strip of glitter down the middle of them on top of  piece of and old book, torn and distressed
Tim Holtz Cogs for the edge
A backing paper I made in Paint Shop Pro 
Distressed inks
The image is one I have had for a very long time just waiting to be used.


It is always lovely to see what Florence, Sandra and Janet have made and the people who join us in the challenges as well. Everyone is welcome to join in so I hope you will have a go if you have time.

Love Chrissie xxx








Comments

  1. What a clever idea Chrissie, I bought a laminator (came with 100 sheets) and I've used it once! Have a good break. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. What a fabulous idea and project. Beautifully done.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Chrissie I love the lady peeping out and the elements you have used to finish. Well thought out. Not sure about the reading matter tho. LOL. Have a lovley holiday. hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie,
    What a great idea,clever you,looks so much better with your cover on book LOL.
    have a great time
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only is this a lovely piece of artwork but it's a blooming good idea too. Chrissie, where do you get such fab ideas from.
    I think I need to make one myself now. Thanks for the idea ad for such a lovely piece.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a box too of those laminates so you have given me some ideas as what to do with them. Looks like a real intense book you are reading lol ! Love the cover such a great idea and definitely much better the the original book cover !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie. Great idea. Looks as mysterious as no doubt the book is. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design