Craft Room Challenge-Emboss It

I quake in my shoes when I see the word emboss-well except for using the Cuttlebug and folders type of embossing that is. They do say practice makes perfect so I thought now was the time to put aside my fears and have a go as I do love to join in the Craft Room Challenges


I stamped the flower border once in the middle and used bronze embossing powder. Then again in bronze ink and clear embossing powder and lastly I used some silver embossing powder on another row. I used a brayer to add some brown ink all over the piece and the embossed parts showed up better.

I made the flower from a tutorial at Live the Dream and inked some wooden shapes to stick on and also some text shapes that I got in a swap ages ago.

I know the embossing leaves a lot to be desired :( but I will keep trying :)

Thank you for the challenge and the wonderful samples by the Designers

Comments

  1. A fantastic project, love your embossing.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for facing your fears...embossing can be tricky but yours looks good to me, and that flower is gorgeous...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room challenge, even though it was scary! ...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossing is lovely Chrissie, it looks wonderful how you've varied it, and what a beautiful flower! A stunning card, and thank you for your lovely comments :-), they're much appreciated. Thanks for joining in with our "Emboss It" theme over at the Craft-Room and good luck in the draw.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've done a great job here with the embossing, I hope you start to feel a bit more happy about wet embossing, as it's such fun :-) thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...this is a loVely piece Chrissie & your flower is just fabby...Jennie does a great flower tutorial...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, don't be so hard on yourself it looks great. Extra thank you because I know you took a deep breath wanting to join in with us at Craft-Room Challenge, thank you XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie...your card is a delight. So pleased you face the thought of heat embossing head on...certainly worth it, that flower is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at the Craft Room "emboss it" challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design