Challenge 4 at Artful Times

This time at Artful Times the challenge was chosen by Von and theme is birds-always a nice subject to think about especially when the sun is shining and the birds are singing as they are today

I saw on Neet's blog that she had used mounting board and suddenly remembered that I had a lot stashed away that I got ages ago. I used some for the main part of my picture and never realised you could stamp on it so well.

The background stamps are quite old and were from Lakeland and the bird stamps are Swirly Birds by Personal Impressions. Did a bit of colouring with Promarkers and a lot of messy bits with black ink.

The white background was put through the Cuttlebug in a folder and inked- and there you have it-sounds easy but has taken me quite a few hours to make.




Comments

  1. ...ooo lots of loVely swirls, your birdies look wondeful against the bough of cherry blossom, tis a gorgeous inky card...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the textures and swirls, the bird stamps are gorgeous,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chrissie. I love this texture swirls you use. I bought one after I saw you using it before. When it arrived it wasn't quite the same :(
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well worth the wait Chrissie, it's lovely. Great textures with your swirls and lovely bird stamps.

    Sam - Artful Times xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alovely piece Chrissie and your blossom background is gorgeous :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worth all the time it took to make Chrissie, love all the different elements you have used to make it up. Glad you discovered stamping on mountboard. Good isn't it?

    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty piece. I love your main bird image and all the elements come together so well.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOO I like that swirly bird everso! And those cherry blossoms look really good = sometimes the simplest things do take the longest dont they! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design