Challenge 3 at Out of a Hat

This week at Out of a Hat the challenge is to use some of your craft stash and I have had this scrapbook for years just waiting to be used. Also had the doillies for a very long time as well so I have combined the two for this challenge

There was only the one that was heart shaped but it did inspire the theme for the page

The photograph on the left is my Grandma and Grandfather-no one seems certain if it is their wedding photograph or taken after or before that. The other photograph is of my dad when he was about a year old. I never saw either of these pictures until recently when my aunt was sorting through boxes of papers and found them. Both were obviouly well love pictures and the one of my grandparents even has elastoplast in the top corners where it must have been hung up at some time. These are only copies that I have made. Nice to have a page safely in the scrapbook and I hope to do more soon.

Comments

  1. Hi Chrissie. Gorgeous scrapbook page. You really have captured the era. Great layout. Thats a lovely quilt in the background. Did you or your daughter make the quilt?
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie, I love this page the heart and colours are so right for the old photos. Great that you have started that scrapbook. Gorgeous quilt in the background. Does your daughter have a blog where we can view her work? I love quilting as well. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my daughter made the quilt and all by hand that one. She has progressed now and makes lots of beautiful things. She hasn't a blog or anything but she usually take a photograph of what she makes so I will try to get some her pictures together and make a web page on my website so you can see some of the things.

    Thanks for the nice comments about my scrapbook page I have only got L plates on where scrapbooking is concerned lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely, such a wonderful way to preserve those special memories. Its a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful page to display your family photos and memories.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super page Chrissie :) I have a similar photo of my grandparents on their wedding day lovely use of the doilies :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie,
    Gorgeous vintage lay out Chrissie,I have a similar photo of my grandparents too.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi chrissie , what a fabulous page you have created. How wonderful to be able to use these beautiful family photographs. You have given your ancestors a beautiful new how and I love the amazing and nostalgic feel it has.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design