It's Spring Time at JFF

I can't believe that what I had in mind earlier this week fitted in with the challenge at Just for Fun this week. I am having a buffet lunch for a few people later in the month but wanted it to be none Christmas if you know what I mean. I found some lovely serviettes that said Springtime Flowers though they aren't like any real flowers I have seen

I would have also liked to buy a cake stand but they are now called muffin stands and seem to be very expensive. No worries I have made one and will be making a couple more so that I can fit more food on our small table.


I have used two plastic plates and a plastic wine glass for this. The first thing I did was scan a serviette and print it out on paper. Cut out the flowers and make a small tube that will fit in the glass and stick lots of flowers to the tube. I also used some small bits of green ribbon to look like leaves. Then the arrangement was placed in the glass and the plate stuck on top with strong double sided tape. The bottom of glass is stuck to the other plate with padded tape as the glass was a bit bevelled underneath. It took almost all of yesterday to make it but I am pleased that I will be able to take them apart again when we have had the buffet and I can make others if we ever need them.

It was difficult to photograph it to look it's best unfortunately. Maybe I will take a picture when the buffet is all set out and add it to here then.

Comments

  1. Great Idea Chrissie love that your cake stand will match your serviettes. You will have a wonderful get together with bright cheerful colours thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's using the old noggin Chrissie :) and a lovely change from the Christmas table setting
    Thank you for sharing with us at just for Fun #Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. What a fabulous idea. Well worth all your efforts.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea Chrissie,your table will look fantastic.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How different and unusual and what a flippin' good idea. I would never have thought of something like that. Love it! Thanks for sharing. Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now thats thinking outside the box. Excellent idea and so effective I love it. Hugs Sandra XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fab idea I may just use this over xmas its brill , thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design