Bedroom or sewing box recycling

Recylicng still at Just for Fun and this week it is the turn of the bedroom or sewing box.

Well this was difficult for me as our bedroom is shoe box size and no room for much at all except the bed -well that's all you need in a bedroom really :). We do have a curtained cupboard built into the wall that holds hundreds of things so I decided to see what treasures may be hidden in there. Not many for sure lol. I did find a cardboard box that had held my new slippers and for some unknown reason I had put my old slippers in the box and kept it. I get dafter in me old age!

Here is the box-now what shall I do with it?

Here is what I did with it. I shaped it and then sprayed it inside and out with gold paint--stamped lightly on to it to make it look old and added some things I had embossed. Not pretty but functional for a change.

It is a great  holder for all of the Christmas cards I have made so far and doesn't take up too much room at all. Off to find some more boxes to hold more stuff as they will fit neatly on a shelf I reckon.

Now I wonder what is in the sewing box that I can recycle?

Comments

  1. Hi Chrissie. A true crafter... Never throwing anything away. So what are you going to make with your old slippers! lol!! Fab storage box and great idea. Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really useful Chrissie and looks wonderfully distressed :) is that a spirelli medallion in the center ?
    Thank you for sharing it with us at JFF
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic storage box love the aged look and that you can uses it to keep your completed crafting in. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous storage box Chrissie very useful
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie Excellent box you have made and I love the vintage look achieved and its useful. Hugs Sandra XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous useful altered box, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design