Three in One Challenges

Inspired again by Just for Fun who have a 'Fabric and Fibre' challenge this week but I also thought about what I could make for the Try It on Tuesday Challenge which is 'alter a present', then there was the Come and Get it challenge to 'make your own flowers'. Thinking cap on and I came up with this box to send to a friend for her birthday--with something inside of course.

I have had a very old Indian silk scarf for about 30 years and worn it a lot but now it is has holes in parts so I thought I could use that for the fabric, The box was one that had a jar of Olay Night Cream in it so I was all set.

I photographed the scarf and made a backing paper with the design. This is what covered the box then I made some flowers from some of the scarf. Lots left to make more flowers or maybe something else. I am pleased that I was brave enough to cut into it--amazing what thinking about a challenge can make you do lol

Comments

  1. You've transformed a sull, ordinary box in to somthing very special with this project - fabulous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow chrissie you are brave ! What an amazing project . Love how you did the backing paper and gorgeous flowers. I think the box doesn't need a present inside it' perfect as is

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. This is so gorgeous. What a fantastic project and idea.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy flower Chrissie love how it's ruffled :)A fab little box and you have given away your beauty secret lol
    Thank you for Sharing your creation with us at Just for Fun
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW gorgeous box brilliant idea to photocopy the scarf first. I've not thanked you for my box either! Thank you for both the box that I loved and for the lovely flowers inside. Thank you for making and sharing this box with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie your box is fab,great project.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous. Great idea for the backing paper and well done for taking the plunge to snip into that scarf. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful box, your flowers are gorgeous, it will make a perfect gift. Thankyou for joining us over at TioT's this week. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie I love this box and great to use a favorite scarf and using it as backing paper. Hugs Sandra XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous use of a treasured fabric and I love that you have more left.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool box with flowers on top Chrissie, Thanks for joining us again at Come and Get It.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful gift, Thank you for joining us at TioT this week. I love the use of the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I first read that you were cutting into that scarf I thought "oh no" but when I saw the box it was "oh yes". Lucky friend!
    What a beautiful gift and what a gorgeous colour the material was/is. I love those colours together.
    The idea of copying the scarf onto paper is pure genius and something I would never have thought of. Excuse me now whilst I go and rummage in my drawers/wardrobe etc. Thank you for sharing with us on JFF. Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant box just perfect for the TioT challenge. Thank you for joining us this week. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design