Tags on Thursday

Hello Everyone who visits Jumbled Crafts and thank you for calling in. The week is racing by as always but I am pleased to say I am feeling much better now and even ready to face the car boot sale this morning as I want to find more supplies for my new/old crafty hobby. More of that at a later date.

At Moo Mania and More the theme this time is Faces and at Go Tag Thursday there is a new theme starting today to use Pink/lots or a little.


I cut-out the background picture from an old birthday card and stuck it onto some packaging. Then I found the 'faces' on a free to use journal front and printed them out. The flowers are cut from old wall paper


At Tag Tuesday we have Wilma hosting this time and she has chosen Heritage as the theme because it was World Heritage Day when the challenge started on Tuesday. I hope you will join us with your take on the theme. It lasts for 2 weeks so plenty of time to think what to make.


Today I have chosen my dad as he was a great inspiration in many areas of my life. Not crafting, but he had a wonderful brain and seemed to know everything about anything.  That's what I thought when I was growing up. This photograph is when he was very young and had to wear a dress. How things have changed these days with girls usually wearing trousers of some kind. 
I can imagine wanting to make many more tags for this theme as it so good to think about my heritage as well as the general theme.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx





Comments

  1. You make excellent tags. Very, very impressive. I am in awe of the recycling you did on the first piece, from the old birthday card to the wallpaper flowers.

    The second tag is beautiful. Yes, those were the days when boys wore dresses. Not so these days. WONDERFUL entries today, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tags are amazing Chrissie! I love them both - the lovely photo of your father wearing a dress is just precious. My father had to be a girl as well as he was a little boy. My grandmother wished she had a girl and so she made one out of him....
    Good to hear that you feel better again!
    Thank you very much for taking part in the MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE again! Your support is always so nice !
    love from
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous tags, Chrissie

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tags Chrissie, and love the gorgeous photo of your Dad wearing a dress. I have a photo of my great uncle in a frilly dress, too. Thanks for nother lovely tag for TT! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, your tags are absolutely beautiful, Chrissie! Love both. Nice to read that you feel better. My allergic is now worse and eyes red... hope it's better soon.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tags Chrissie and another super old family photo.
    The dresses for the boys, show just how times have changed over the decades. Can you just imagine us making our boys dress like that now.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tags Chrissie. The faces of the mother and child are really quite compelling. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both tags are fabulous, Chrissie, with very beautiful details, and I love the adorable photo of your Dad.
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tags. Especially love the one of your father when he was young. Love the composition, with the clock in the background and the bright red poppies. It is great that making the tags brings back so many happy memories. Happy T(hurs)day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tags, loving the pop of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great tags Chrissie and a lovely way to use the photo of your Dad.
    Glad you're feeling a lot better.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made two wonderful tags with such beautiful layering! Love the photo of your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pink (or not) tag - the journal cover image is wonderful (there's something about vintage advertising of that era that is just so evocative), and the flowers are really pretty.

    Great tag celebrating your dad too. The simplicity really allows that superb photo to speak volumes.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both tags are wonderful! I like the cute photo of your Dad wearing a dress - I know it the other way: My mother wanted to have a boy, and so I always were dressed in trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two gorgeous tags! Love the first girly one and the second with the lovely picture of your Dad is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these are very nice indeed. There is a sweetness and a peacefulness in both of them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful Tag Chrissie..the image is just delightful.
    Thank you so much for joining in with this weeks challenge at Go Tag Thursday...x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous tags Chrissie, and you're right, Dads do know everything! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both such beautiful tags! Love the thoughts about your Dad - strangely my dad knew everything too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design