Old Rocker and background paper

Hi All and Happy Weekend to You. Thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts along the way. Apologies about the print on my posts-I haven't a clue why it has changed.
A dull day today but plenty of rugby to watch and knitting to do as I watch it so I am a happy bunny.


At Moo Mania and More the theme this time is Hand Painted.
 and Linda K is hosting the theme 50 Shades of Red at Art Journal Journey

This is for both challenges.





I have never ventured into portraits but I thought it was about time I had a go. This is supposed to be one of the Old Rock Singer that seem to go on forever and appear in the press with huge scarves covering their wrinkled necks, wide open eyes but a sadness that says they are really past their best. The fashion now is that they are fathering babies with their young girlfriends. I didn't base this on anyone at all it just kept growing in front of me.

The cardboard on the right is my palette for the painting and when I had finished I splodged it onto some paper to use as a background sometime.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Great portrait and a great idea behind it, there of lots of those old and wrinkled e rockers around, it's true! Have a fun day watching rugby and knitting, I am having a quiet home day here. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your portrait and the thinking behind it - the colours are so zingy, and that palette will make a great background in the future. Funny about the font - I expect Blogger are messing around with something again.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts about your beautiful portrait - I think the same! I see Mick J. because of the big mouth :)
    Your color-palette will be a beautiful background for a future-page!
    Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great portrait Chrissie, and great thinking behind it and I'm sure the mop up will make a great background.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your portrait and the thoughts behind it are both GREAT Chrissie!
    Thank you very much for joining this with Moo Mania & More and Art Journal Journey with your great piece dear Chrissie!
    Happy Saturday evening!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. super job with the portrait-love the paint strokes! Perfect for AJJ and Moo mania!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I can really see sadness in the eyes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a fabulous portrait Chrissie, it could be anyone of the oldies. As you say they just don't seem to give up or want to these days.

    Hope you enjoyed today's games, we did.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now Chrissie, I thought I'd be seeing an old rocker chair but this was a surprise...xx♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha- love your characterisation and your colourful portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful portrait and I loved hearing your thought process - that's so true :-). You have captured the sadness in their expression beautifully! Your mop up page looks lovely, can't wait to see what you do with it :-). Hope you enjoyed the rugby, Happy Sunday Chrissie! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I know who this is, the likeness is remarkable. I MEAN that.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great portrait, Chrissie! Your are an amazing artist!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Chrissie you have captured that wistful look so well! Love how you have started a new page too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! Chrissie, loved your description of an Old Rock Singer and you have illustrated him perfectly with the scarf and the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it Chrissie, there are so many old rockers aren't they, I'm sure they just want to put their feet up and have a cup of tea lol. Your background is brilliant, I can't wait to see what you make with it xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design