New Tag Tuesday

Hello Welcome to Jumbled Crafts. Thank you for your visit today and all the other days that you call in and leave comments to make my day

A special day today as we announce the revamp of Tag Tuesday with a new format where you can just join in the challenges instead of being on a members waiting list you just add a link to your entry with the Inlinkz tool. Also you will have 2 weeks to make tags for the challenges so plenty of time to think what you would like to do.

Valerie is leading the venture and has invited our regular contributors to host a theme in the coming challenges. She is also giving a prize this time to a lucky winner.

I was honoured to be chosen to think of the first theme and I have chosen Bookworm.

The Google meaning says---

bookworm
ˈbʊkwəːm/Submit
noun
1.
informal
a person who enjoys reading.
2.
(especially formerly) the larva of a wood-boring beetle which feeds on the paper and glue in books.

Whatever that means you can make a tag with what you think Bookworm means to you.




The first tag I made also doubles up as bookmark

Here it is in the book I am reading at the moment

This is the book template I made if you would like to try one yourself




My second tag is a digital one and the background is a picture by the wonderful Cicely Mary Barker. I am sure you will have seen her work before as it is on many children's books of the past. She was born in 1895 and I can recall getting stamps when we attended Sunday School. Some of them were her religious artwork and usual had children on them somewhere. Most of her work has fairies and children/fairies.

Now it's your turn and I hope you will join us.

Also a reminder that there is still almost a week to join us at Try it on Tuesday with your Hearts and Flowers projects.

Love Chrissie xx





Comments

  1. I had no idea about Tag Tuesday before, although I have seen you play. You chose a great first theme for this revamped challenge blog. I think the template you provided was awesome. I'm sure some people will want to use it, too. It will make a great bookmark. And of course, both tags are fabulous, which goes to show you are skilled in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention about your blog header. After visiting Yvonne today, I now know the flowers are snowdrops. DUH! Some days my blond is showing more than others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Chrissie, I'm happy to have you by my side on this new 'Joint Venture'. Both tags are great, and you chose a theme that is right at the top of my love list, as books are always my faves. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Chrissy, I am going to venture out into my creative space and make a tag for this challenge.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie it would be great to have you join us

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  5. Love these tags Chrissie! Great template too! Hoping to have some more time to play soon - craft room very nearly done and we have changed our mind about going to our caravan this week - after seeing the weather forecast! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tag Chrissie, such fun - think I'll have a smile on my face all day thinking of it.
    Lovely digital image on the second tag too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a super post Chrissie and I love your fantastic tags. I hope the new venture will be a huge success.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tags, what a brilliant design too of the bookmark.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The worm bookmark is so cute ans fun and I love seeing those vintage illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is your bookworm bookmark!! I love the idea of a functional craft project and this one is so much fun! Love the image on the second tag, brings up childhood memories for sure!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design