Journal page. tag and photographs

Hi All. It has been nice to have a blog break with my daughter but I did miss seeing all your wonderful makes so I will be back to calling around blogs again tomorrow. Hope you have had a great week to start the New Year.


At Art Journal Journey the challenge for January is chosen and hosted by Erika. The theme is Every Journal Page tells a story.


 I used a piece of digital art I did in 2005 but I have made it into a book cover this time round. It tells the tale of a beautiful fashion model and the way that she really feels as she starves herself to get into the skinny clothes and stupid style high heeled shoes. A must read for the very young who think being a model is wonderful.

Go Tag Thursday have Haberdashery as the theme this week

This is mixed media with some of the tag of real sewing things finished off with digital embellishments.

Here are some photos from the last few days

Linda and Vic on the seafront

Linda and me on the seafront

Linda had crocheted some dolls and brought two of them with her for me to make hats and accessories and we also managed to make another one while she was here. The dolls are quite big with legs that move so I designed a stand to show them standing up. They're not meant as toys as that would mean a list of dos and don't as long as my arm. The clothes all take off and are interchangeable. I think they are going to be raffle prizes for charities but not sure yet.


Crystal

Georgie


No name yet?


Back of no name yet

I also designed a certificate and they each will have one rolled up and tied with a ribbon. It says their name and who made them etc. It also says
' adapted pattern designed by Carola Herbst.' just in case any of you fancy crocheting one. A great way to use up bits and bobs of wool.

Love Chrissie xx









Comments

  1. Beautiful tag and page Chrissie! Nice to see you with your lovely daughter and her dolls are just wonderful made!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic dolls, what fun they are. Love the photos of you all, your daughter looks so much like you. Great journal page for AJJ. I missed you this week! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page and tag Chrissie. You are right about a message for our round ones, they just see the glamour and not the pain.
    I love the dolls your daughter and yourself have been making. I think they would be snapped up if you were to sell them as well .
    Super photos your daughter looks so like you.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your digital piece today Chrissie. Making it into a book cover is really clever. I can tell from your photos that Linda is your daughter. You both look like you are having a great day out, and that Vic is too. I'm loving those cute dolls too. Glad you made it back to AJJ after all your fun.:) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this post tells me you had a wonderful time with your daughter. The digital book cover is wonderful, and it speaks to the young people of the world who need to think about their bodies as temples, not emaciated tombs.

    Your tag is fantastic. I love the sewing embellishments because they truly add the perfect edge to the tag.

    What fun to "meet" your daughter. I can tell the three of you had loads of fun. She's an accomplished doll maker, too. Her crocheted dolls are really adorable.

    Happy end to the weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read your posts and see your varied projects and all you get up to. Your daughter's dolls are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hazy effect of the digital cover and the Haberdashery tag is great too with a lovely focal image! The dolls are completely amazing to me though as they look so detailed in their hair, shoes and accessories I wouldn't have a clue where to start! Enjoy your Sunday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a CLEVER lady you are, an all around crafter and creative too.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous page and tag Chrissie. LOVE those dolls, so cute and so individual, love the accessories - you two are so clever and creative.
    Great photos and I'm pleased you enjoyed your week together.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Chrissie, it looks like you've had the most wonderful week and your dolls are just amazing! You must have put so much thought into creating each one with their wonderful clothes and accessories, they are such beauties. The one with no name reminds me of Annie (from the musical) with her lovely hair :-). I really enjoyed your fantastic and creative post, a brilliant start to the year :-). Wishing you happiness today and all year long! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some fabulous work Chrissie, and I just love your daughters dolls, they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant makes Chrissie, I would never have made it as a model - I'm built for comfort lol. Glad you had a good time with your daughter, she is very like you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super tag...love the red & white, always looks so fresh.Adore the image too.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge in 2017 at Go Tag Thursday.
    p.s. I have fallen in love with the doll that has no name...just so cute..x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your digital cover - The book sounds thought provoking - too thin is not good unless that's just how you are naturally. Gorgeous tag and really lovely photos - I am glad you had such a fab time! Your daughter's dolls are awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Your tag and your journal page are both fabulous! It's great to see your photos - especially those beautiful dolls! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design