At TIOT Trees are green or other colours

Hi All. Nice to have you call in and thank you for your visit today.

Time for new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and it is one you all enjoy I'm sure. The theme is Trees are Green-or any other Colour . Can't wait to see all the wonderful ideas you have and if you need some ideas do pop to TIOT and see what the rest of our lovely team have made. If you are chosen as one of our top 5 you could be of a guest designer for a future challenge.

I made this wreath that tells the story of a tree. The centre is a twig and represents the branches and it also has buds and small leaves. I made felt leaves and coloured some of them with paint to show how they change colour in Autumn. Then I stuck on foraged bits and bobs to show the fruits that they bear. Last thing was the feathers as trees are homes to so many birds. Not sure about the ribbon and webbing except that they filled a few spaces.

It started life as a polystyrene hoop that I painted green. Some of things I pinned on but mostly I used a glue gun to stick them on.

close-up

 close-up


Have fun and do join in with us.

I would like to enter this at Frilly and Funkie where they want to see some mesh on your project. I used mesh ribbon on my wreath

Love Chrissie xx






Comments

  1. Your wreath is fantastic, you made this soooooo beautiful. Thanks for telling the story behind it, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful wreath Chrissie ! Well done!
    oxo Susi
    Wishing you a happy Day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chrissie! This is a beautiful story you are telling in this fabulous wreath! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your wreath is just gorgeous Chrissie! So many beautiful autumn colours, and I just love that you used some real bits of nature in there!! I really need to put something like this together for next year, what a great decor piece!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'What a Mesh' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story about the life of tree . This wreath looks gorgeous, awesome autumn colour. additions and details.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your interpretation of this theme and the symbolism of the wreath. It is gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is stunning Chrissie! Love the whole idea, design and colours you have used. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation that tells much about trees. Colourful and beautiful.
    Hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie this is gorgeous, I didn't realise it was real, I thought you had made a digi wreath. It's really lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea - beautifully created Chrissie.
    I really love the colours and bits and piece you have used.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing wreath, Chrissie. Love all the elements on it. A great idea as always!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Chrissie! Wonderful and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this Chrissie, such a great idea. Love how you've combined all the elements telling the tree's life story.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Your wreath is stunning, my friend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wreath is tremendous! I love the autumnal colours and all the different textures and the pinecones are a fabulous addition. Thanks for joining us for the "What a Mesh" challenge over at Frilly & Funkie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely gorgeous Chrissie!!! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design