Journal page, card and photographs

Hello Everyone. Thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts and a warm welcome to my latest follower Faith.

At Art Journal Journey our talented friend Gill is hosting Nature's Wonders that is the theme she has chosen for August

This page is called' blue flowers and butterflies' though I didn't know what it was going to be when I painted the page white with very runny paint then sprayed it with Dylusions ink spray. I looked at the shapes and thought of delphiniums so I drew around those shapes with black pen and then made up fantasy flowers with the other shapes. The butterflies were some peel offs a friend sent for me.

Next to Twofers where the theme this time is 'The Heat is On'

I made this card for a couple who have just got engaged after living together for years. I am sure the heat is on to decide when the wedding will be and I know they will laugh at this card. The big stamp is Cat Lovers from Funstamps and the sentiment is an all in one set of 6 with no maker's name

More photographs from our trip to Redcar though none of these are in Redcar

Firstly back to Saltburn 
We walked along the pier and all along it there are knitted things on one side. I could have stayed there all day just looking at them and laughing as they were so terrific and must have had some dreadful weather to contend with in the time they have been there. This is just a selection



This is a brand new crazy golf course on the seafront so we had to have a go and everyone was watching us then a few more decided to join in.

Now off to Middlesborough to visit the Middlesborough Institute of Modern Art.

The MIMA is in a huge open space in the town and it so peaceful to just sit and people watch there and especially to see all the interesting characters going in and out of the huge Law Courts. This is statue outside the Law Courts which says a lot for sure.

A sculpture near to MIMA


So many things to see on all of the floors and I didn't take many photographs at all as I was too busy taking in all around me. This wonderful work was on the ground floor and what a wonderful way to use the old palettes


An example of what some use so they can pursue their art. A food tray with ethnic decoration. There were lots of other things as well.

The first floor was really about democracy and I am sure if I had looked at everything I would have been wiser. I did get a bag with a ball of clay in it to plant to grow my own democracy. Not sure what will happen but it is now in a pot waiting to grow.

Also interesting was a huge display of why that part of the UK had voted so strongly to leave the EU. There were videos of real people giving their reasons and lots of artwork expressing their views.

Next floor was what we really went to see. Maybe you have heard of  'The Caravan Gallery.' It is doing the rounds in parts of the UK and is well worth a look if you like photographs of real people and places and  also like to laugh a lot. I have sent for a book of some the photographs as I am sure I could laugh at a lot of them for a long time to come.

That's it now for that trip.

Have a great day all 

Love Chrissie xx









.

Comments

  1. Fabulous project Chrissie and love the colours. Your photos are so interesting and love that mini golf course...looks like a lot of fun...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the blue flowers page Chrissie. Loving all of your pics but that one is stunning. I must visit Saltburn again. Might one day come and meet you for a cuppa ? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art today Chrissie, love the gold accents against the blue. Great photos. Any idea why the bridge was covered with stuffed animals? hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we Yorkshire folk are a strange breed Pamellia. The knitters are called yarnbombers and strike yearly by knitting things to fasten to the pier with a different theme each year.

      Proud to be Yorkshire lol

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
    2. Seems like we Yorkshire folk are a strange breed Pamellia. The knitters are called yarnbombers and strike yearly by knitting things to fasten to the pier with a different theme each year.

      Proud to be Yorkshire lol

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely journal page, thanks for another lovely entry for AJJ. The catty card is pretty, too, and I love the photos with all the knitting and the art and golf course, looks like a fun place to visit. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb post today, Chrissie. I love the blue colour in your beautiful page. And the card is fab.
    What a fantastic exhibition! Never seen kntting things presented that clever way. Thank you also for sharing your great scene photos.
    Have a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue flowers and butterflies page is very pretty! Lovey photos too, I love the knitted lama and sheep on the pier, what a fun and creative idea. Thanks for making me smile and have a great week! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, the gold is stunning against the blue. Great color palette. And what awesome photos today. I'm with you and those knitted items. They are beautifully done. And so many other great things too. Wow- sounds like it was a fabulous day there near Redcar. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. !!! That art centre looks terrific will have to add to my list of places to visit can easily see why you enjoyed it just the bottle statute/sculpture alone has me hooked. Congratulations to the newly engaged couple clearly you think they are Hot love the way you coloured those cats and of course love that you used cats! Thank you very much Chrissie for joining us at Twofers this time. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing journal page Chrissie - thank you for another lovely entry for AJJ. The card is so pretty, I love how you made the fur and all that fun knitting and the art - just fabulous!
    Happy evening Chrissie!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab post Chrissie.
    I love your AJJ page, that was so clever using the ink spray and seeing the plant shapes in that. I love your ideas :)
    The cat card is wonderful - haven't heard of Funstamps for ages - do they still exist?
    Great photos - the yarnbombing is brilliant fun - the whole process of the design and placing of the items always fascinates me.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both fab Chrissie, those cats are so cute. Those knitted toys are such fun, only in Britain would we have knitted toys tied to railing in the rain lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chrissie, I have so enjoyed reading your post. First of all the blue flowers on your journal page look beautiful and the cats are so cute, great for an engagement card.
    I can see why the Art Institute on on your visiting list, it looks a very interesting place to see, super photos you shared. Now to my favourite photos of the knitted items on the pier. Wow, they looked fun, have they just been put there for the summer?
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work, both pieces are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your red hot cats at twofers! I loved the rest of your post too, the modern art looks amazing and the museum sounds fascinating, and as for the yarnbombing - WOW! I'd love to be part of something like that. What a fascinating trip you had
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love that bluesy gilded page, and the cats are adorable. Thanks for sharing the fantastic photos of all that amazing artwork - it sounds like an inspiring and thought-provoking trip.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful journal page, the colours are fantastic! Love the cute cats card as well. The knitted things look so adorable! Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved seeing your fabulous art -especially the gorgeous blue flowers! Your trip to Saltburn looks great - brilliant yarn bombing project! The modern art gallery in Middlesbrough looks great too - I shall look out for that touring exhibition! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design