Try it on Tuesday is Up in the Air

Hi All. Hope you are all well and thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

Time for the new challenge at Try it on Tuesday where this time we are asking you for your craft ideas on the subject, 'I Believe I can Fly'. Think anything with wings or you with wings. If you are stuck for ideas my teamies have made great samples to inspire you. Hope you will pop to TIOT to see them and also to the team's blogs to see how they made them.


I made a window picture that makes me feel like flying when I look at it.


 The design was made in Paint Shop Pro with a bird image and a flower image. Then it was printed on acetate and left to dry for a few hours. I had an old brown frame that I painted lightly in turquoise so that some of the brown showed through. Then I added the acetate picture and a piece of parchment paper behind it that I stuck to the frame

Here it is with the sun behind it 

Here it is stuck to the conservatory window with the sun shining through it which gives a ripple effect from the glass. Very difficult to photograph so it does look better in real life than in the picture.

On the craft room window with no sun

You have two weeks to join in with us so I hope to see your entry soon.

I would like to enter this at Anything But Cute as well as they have the theme The Birds and the Bees

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx





Comments

  1. Wonderful picture and a great idea with a window picture, it looks very pretty. Will write later! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours on this equally beautiful framed design..love the print on acetate. Did you use a special acetate. I have some one side is rough and the other a tad smoother.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the one with a rough side and a smooth side Annie

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous Chrissie, gorgeous images and colours. Love how it looks so different in the sun,
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous Chrissie, I thought it was a painting when I first saw it on our blog. Love how you have framed it as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a gorgeous piece Chrissie! Those hummingbirds are beyond gorgeous and the colours just swept me away! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing piece Chrissie! Great!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this is really lovely Chrissie.
    Love the colours and imagery...brilliant idea!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece and fabulous ideas as always!
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's magical, Chrissie - the swirl of the birds' wings allows the eye to move around with them, and the colours are lovely both with and without the sunshine.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you used acetate to create your beautiful gem. I was not only impressed, I was thrilled to see a bit of your neighborhood. The homes are SO much different from those here in the states. I so enjoyed this peek into your life and your art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful birds, I get that summer feeling,with birds flying a round in the garden. Gr miranda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh Chrissie, this is beautiful! Such gorgeous images and looks amazing with the sun behind, what a cool idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely image and a clever idea to print on acetate to get the sunlight through! Looks gorgeous even in photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning - gorgeous colours! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those hummingbirds. I'm glad they are iridescent, like real ones. It makes them even prettier. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous hummingbirds! Great idea to print them on acetate and back them with parchment so the light cathes their beautiful colors! Thank you for joining our Birds and the Bees challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic piece! I love your amazing hummingbirds and your awesome colors! Thank you so much for joining in our The Birds and The Bees challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design