Nature

Hello Everyone and welcome to Jumbled Crafts. After a couple of nice days we are back to heavy drizzle and cloud cover so crafting day for me I think.

I am sure many of you are dropping by to find out what the new challenge is at Try it on Tuesday. You will be delighted to know that it is is Nature. I can't wait to see what you make for the theme which has so much for you to think about. If you are stuck for ideas do pop here and see what my team mates have made and I am sure you will be inspired. I hope you will join us in the next two weeks with anything you like so long as it follows the theme. You could be chosen as one of our top 5 and have the chance to be a guest designer for a future challenge.

I made a wreath and really enjoyed making it. Great that I found a sunny day to take a picure outside for a change.


It started out as an old envelope with stiff card on the back of it


I drew round two plates then cut out the wreath shape.
Next I tied a piece of string at the top to hang up the wreath
The whole thing was painted brown both sides

When it was dry I cut out strips of burlap and gathered them up to stick them around the frame. I went foraging in the hedgerows for bits of dried out plants and stuck those on and also cut out some flower shapes in burlap with the Tim Holtz tattered flowers Die
I found a cone while I was foraging and made a little owl to fit onto the wreath. These are the bits I cut out of scraps of felt that my daughter brings for me when she does her large projects-the bits are the left overs. The owl has claws and legs made with pipe cleaners and a little twig to hang onto. 

This is the finished wreath hanging on my craft room wall. 
Thank you for calling in and I hope to see you at TIOT do leave a comment if you find time to visit there.

Love Chrissie xx










Comments

  1. Wow, yout hanging is fantastic. It looks great out doors.
    Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful addition to your craft room wall this is! A really wonderful idea that I may well have a go at myself(when time allows!!!) I especially love your owl - he looks to be a real wise guy!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this Chrissie!! The burlap base is amazing and your owl is so sweet!! What an amazing decor piece, wonder if it could be adapted for the patio? Thanks for the inspiration! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning Project. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was busy creating art yesterday and missed your inchie post. I hope your mother completely escapes the bad bug that has hit.

    I am in love with this project, especially because I like how you created the wreath. It is awesome, especially since I am in awe of anything recycled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting to see how you made this fabulous hanging. It has amazing details and the owl is wonderful. It will look lovely on your wall.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, cute and I love how you used the pine cone for this sweet owl.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great take on the theme Chrissie! Love how you used the burlap and a cone! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on the theme Chrissie! Love how you used the burlap and a cone! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful project, love it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous hanging Chrissie! The owl is so cute.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS Chrissie, lovely idea and that owl is oh so cute./xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I adore your wreath! Love the rustic look with the burlap and garden bits. The owl is brilliant and so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Chrissie and the pinecone owl is so sweet, thanks for sharing how it all came together.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Chrissie and the pinecone owl is so sweet, thanks for sharing how it all came together.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wreath is wonderful chrissie - a fantastic deco!
    Happy day to you - we got snow again.. I so hope for spring ....
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love, love your wreath, especially the clever pinecone owl. Nature is so full of creative possibilities. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love this, Chrissie - the pleated burlap looks fantastic, as do the flowers, and I love how you've added the natural pinecones. The felt owl is an absolute triumph!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design