Journal Page

Hi All. Nice to have you join me at Jumbled Crafts and thank you for visiting. Today my daughter and son-in-law are coming to stay until Tuesday so I expect we will have lots of fun and laughter with crafting to add to the mix as she always brings me lots of goodies and great ideas for knitting. Vic and me are often called 'guys' when they visit e.g,'what would you guys like to do today?' It makes me feel about 18 years old which is great lol.

At Art Journal Journey the theme this month is' If You go down in the Woods'. As we go down in the woods often and take lots of photographs I have been using some of those for backgrounds.

for this page I started out with a chalked page-I have been chalking lots of pieces of A4 paper to add to a new journal


I then messed about with the photograph and removed all the white parts in Animation Shop. Next I printed it out onto the chalked paper and some of the chalk colours showed through.  The little birds I cut from an old calendar and I hope you be inspired to look up when in the woods as you never know what you might see.

Also at Moo Mania and More the theme this time is Spring and as now is the best time for hearing bird song I thought I would add something to this page to remind you to listen as well as look when you are out and about.

When I saw the theme Spring, the song by William Shakespeare wouldn't go out of my head so my heart shape represents that.

It was a lover and his lass,
   With a hey, and a ho, and a hey nonino,
That o’er the green cornfield did pass,
   In springtime, the only pretty ring time,
When birds do sing, hey ding a ding, ding;
Sweet lovers love the spring.

You can read the rest of the lyrics here if you like.

Have a beautiful day All

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Fabulous work with the tree image Chrissie! I do hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter this weekend! Happy Easter. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all! Wishing fun with the kids you guys!!
    The pages is gorgeous and you made me happy to link to Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania & More dear Chrissie!
    Thank you!
    hugs
    Susi

    HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page, thanks so much for linking to AJJ and MM&M! Have Big fun when the kids come, let them entertain you! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Chrissie, lovely colour tones too....have a lovely Easter weekend...xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow gorgeous work. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Chrissie! I love how you made your page! Reading the song has made me in the mood for Spring days…now, if you can organise the weather we should be able to have a great family time!! Happy Easter! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading about how this page was created, it looks fantastic.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page and a great post today!
    Happy Easter! Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh wonderful page! Love the bright coloured birds and the fab words! Have a brilliant Easter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little birds are so pretty and sweet in their lovely woodland home. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page, Chrisie.
    Have a Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous artwork, dear Chrissie.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    Happy Easter for you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page Chrissie, perfect for the theme. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tree - I can see why it inspired you - and the spring birds are charming perched in its branches. I hope you "guys" enjoy your family time together. We're working 2 - 11pm today so just time to dash round and wish you a happy Easter!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this Chrissie, so pretty and with a promise of Spring. I hope you're enjoying Easter with your family xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design