Something different

Hi All. Today we have frost and rain so something a bit different from just rain. Thank you for your visit and I hope you like what you see this time.

At Country View Crafts the challenge theme is Inspired by Bottles which definitely caught my eye and fueled my imagination.

Here is my ornate bottle which started life as -------

This plastic bottle

I gave the bottle a thick coat of PVA to start with then when it was dry I gave it a very thick coat of caulk that I found in the shed. Not sure what it is supposed to be used for but it only costs £1 for a big container so it can be used liberally and dries to a good finish -it does take a few days to dry properly. The piece of card in the middle was added first and was a piece of a pre-cut box shape I bought from Create and Craft many years ago-there were loads of them with the offer and I gave most of them away. I dabbed Distressed ink lightly here and there on the caulk. Everything else you can see and the wonderful flowers were sent to me by Valerie at Christmas.

Tag Tuesday have Ornate as the theme this week


Many years ago I bought some stamps with no maker's name. It just said Ornate Stamps so I guess this is a good place to use one of them.  I stamped it several times and inked it in various colours. I also have a set of ornate letters which are awful to use as they wobble about on the soft rubber on which they are mounted. One of these days I will take the stamps from the backing to make them easier to use.

Have a Great Day

Love Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. Love your altered bottle, very pretty! Glad you could use your flowers, too. Your tag is fun, once again a great colour choice. Have a nice day, don't slip on the ice or frost if you venture out, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, wowow, this is just gorgeous...Beautiful altered bottle, so creative, such a lovely colour combo and sweet added goodies.
    {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just gorgeous Chrissie! I love the purple tones, those flowers are so shabby and delicious! Fantastic transformation! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really amazing bottle inspiration with wonderful embellishments. Nice stampping, too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie, gorgeous altered bottle and the tag is beautiful as well. We are getting lots of snow today, winter has finally arrived. Take good care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bottle is fabulous, an amazing transformation with such brilliant texture! I do so love those colours! Your tag is beautiful- love those letters! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Chrissie, that's a magical makeover for an unloved plastic bottle. Gorgeous texture with the caulk (isn't that something to do with plumbing? or carpentry?) and I love the dreamy colours. Those ornate stamps are delightful. Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges - so glad you were inspired.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a transformation, your altered bottle looks gorgeous. Its hard to imagine it started off as a plastic container. The tag looks wonderful as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic Alteration! The bottle looks amazing and the tag is beautiful as well dear Chrissie!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi chrissie! The caulk looks totally fantastic on that bottle, its a total transformation! Genius! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super transformation of your bottle! Wish I was equally inspired to tackle this Bottles challenge but....
    Love your ornate stamps, and they make a great background stamped in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Chrissie what a transformation, your bottle is fabulous! I must admit this challenge scared the life out of me but you've really got it! The caulking looks brilliant and I know I've got a tube somewhere (no idea what I got if for but it was a good idea at the time) Hope you get the snow you want - it's blowing a gale here and it's flippin freezing so fingers crossed xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design