Silhouettes at Try it on Tuesday

Hi All. Nice to have you join me at Jumbled Crafts and thank you for your wonderful support.

Time for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and I'm sure the choice of  Silhouettes will be very popular. Hope you join in and have the chance to be chosen as one of our top five and maybe asked to be a guest designer in a future challenge. My team mates have made some amazing things to inspire you so pop along and see them and maybe find time to visit their blogs as well.


I made this picture to give to some friends.



I started out with the two images I have had since way back when

I made them into this silhouette with the help Paint Shop Pro.

The background I made by using acetate and blobbing it with alcohol ink. I blew the ink through a straw, I dabbed it with tissue, I scrawled on it with the end of a paintbrush and this was the result. It took ages to dry so I hadn't a clue what it would like like when I turned it over.

I cut a piece to size to fit the opening in the card then used the rest to make the flowers using TH Tattered Flowers die cut. For extras on the hat I used a stamp and for the corners on the frame I used brushes in Paint Shop Pro and the same with the greeting.The white frame was from Poundland.

There was quite a bit of shine from the frame and the acetate so not easy to take a good photograph

Now it's your turn.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Wonderful piece with a gorgeous background Chrissie, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Chrissie - love the colour and such a great silhouette.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive Chrissie. Love your use of PSP, even more impressed you made these into silhouettes...Fabulous work.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas and brautiful result!
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning project, its a fantastic background, sounds like it was a fun technique as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always you inspire me. A vibrant and beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Chrissie it is soo beautiful! I am sure your friends will love it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your card the minute I saw it, the silhouette against the bold colored background looks fantastic. But I'm even more impressed now that I've learnt how you made this, I didn't know this was a possibility, making silhouettes out of photos. How inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adventure to do all that work on the background and not know what your results would be until it had dried. Safe to say the results look fabulous! The silhouettes look amazing against it - great inspiration for a fab theme.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a brilliant piece Chrissie and what a wonderful silhouette! I'm sure it will be much appreciated by the lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing background Chrissie, it's a great work. Love the silhouttes, you always have clever ideas.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a wonderful background Chrissie and those silhouettes look stunning against it. Your friends will love this.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you made this fabulous background - but a real hold your breath moment too! Your friends must be thrilled with this! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Silhouettes are are so beautiful and I am afraid more of a forgotten art. Your silhouette is certainly beautiful and just perfect for an anniversary!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice piece today! I love the silhouettes you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice piece today! I love the silhouettes you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is just brilliant Chrissie! I love how you put together your silhouettes, I thought it was a predesigned image. Well done! Stunning background and I love the corners on the frame. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The acetate background is lovely, I bet you had great fun doing it too!
    Love the silhouettes, all the better from being Chrissie's originals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm back from the land of no internet, so was delighted to see this. I adore this beauty, and envy you your ability to use Paint Shop Pro. This is an incredible piece of art, and I love how you explain how you made the background. I would not have guessed acetate, but it does work with the AIs, doesn't it? This is a beautiful entry and I hope I have time to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry for delay, I'm playing catch up again, this working for a living really isn't working out - lol x Love how you created your silhouette, fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautifully done, Chrissie. I'm sure your friends will love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design