Numbers and Letters

Hello Everyone-nice to have you call in-thank you for your support in 2015 and for all the wonderful comments you left when you visited.
Hope you enjoyed the holiday and that you are ready for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday. The theme this time is numbers and letters so I am sure you will have lots of wonderful ideas and join in with our first challenge for 2016. If you need inspiration the team have made some great things so do go and have a look and visit their blogs if you have time to say hello.


I made an perpetual calendar

I started out with an empty icecream cone box- I cut out the shape and painted it all black

Next I made two cubes that would fit side by side

I painted the edges of them with the black

The number plates were made in card covered in a patterned paper- the 6 can be used upside down as a nine when it is in place on the cube.
The numbers on each cube are important
Cube one, O and 5 top and bottom and 1,2,3,4 around the outside
Cube two, O and 8 top and bottom and 1,2,6,7 around the sides. This way they can be juggled to fit the whole year. Don't forget that 6 counts as 9 as well so choose a font that can look correct both ways.

 
The cards for the day and month have the names on both sides

Hope to see what you make soon

Love Chrissie xx




Comments

  1. This is such a brilliant idea Chrissie ! Love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC idea and a real labour of love. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique idea of calendar! And you've done much work on it. Really fab, Chrissie.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic project! You are such a super crafter Chrissie!
    A graet projct!
    Happy Tuesday!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous as always Chrissie, your projects are so inspiring..xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Digitally Sweet challenge blog is looking for a few new designers to join the design team. If you enjoy making digital cards and would like to join this group of lovely ladies see the details on the Digitally Sweet challenge blog
    http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/dt-call.ht…
    They have one challenge a month and thought you may be interested Chrissie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Chrissie, I just love these 3D calendars! I hope you had a wonderful New Year! Here's to 2016 being a year full of love, laughter and crafting! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only does this look fantastic but it is a really good idea!I love that you have recycled the icecream box too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea, especially as it will last for many years. A fab piece of recycling too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous idea and project Chrissie. Loved the details of how you made it as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing project, Chrissie! Love the design. You always have wonderful ideas.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to make. I never thought of making one- but after seeing yours, I may have think about making one for my desk at work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to make. I never thought of making one- but after seeing yours, I may have think about making one for my desk at work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep meaning to make myself one of these, and you've provided another nudge in that direction! So smart.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a super idea! Awesome project, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am trying to catch up on your blog, and saw this at TioT. What a unique and fun calendar. I've seen them in wooden blocks, but this is more fun because it's handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea - I must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant idea for a perpetual calendar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design