Journal Page

Hi All. Hope your week has been a good one and that you are looking forward to the weekend. Thank you for calling in and for the comments that you leave to brighten my day.

At Art Journal Journey I am the host this month for a Winter Wonderland theme and I am really enjoying making the pages and visiting all the blogs of the people who have joined in with us. Hope you will be one of them as there is still lots of time to the end of the month. Also at Moo Mania and More you can enter any thing at all for the next 4 days so I am going to add this to their wonderful collection. Stamps and Stencils have Oh So Blue for this month so this will fit there as well.


I had such a great time painting the background in Emulsion paint that was in small tester posts. It blends so well and covers any paper-this is just a piece from a very thin paper journal. I drew what I thought a snow bird might look like and cut it out to fly above the snowy mountains. It felt freeing somehow and made me smile. Not sure my own artwork usually has that effect :).

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Impressive scene and lovely quote for the bold and beautiful bird.
    ♥Happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be a good feeling when your own art makes you smile. Love your journal page, and thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey and being such a good hostess, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure freedom. Beautiful journal page Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just WONDERFUL Chrissie... a lovely painting!
    Happy weekend Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, love the image and colour combo. Have a great weekend.
    x
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  6. From digital to a hand drawn snow bird, is there ANYTHING you can't do? I'm so glad I found your blog and love your interpretation of a snow bird. It is wonderful, and I love the font you used on the sentiment. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Chrissie, absolutely stunning! The bird, the mountains, the sky...love it all! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page with a great quote! Enjoyed your post so much. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Chrissie, been missing you. Love this page and the feeling of new boundaries. Have you seen our Twofers challenge? Jane's theme is Birds and there is still a week to go, would love to see you there. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful journal page Chrissie ! The bird is gorgeous ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bird is beautiful soaring above that wonderful winter mountain scene Chrissie. The words are very uplifting too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful page, the bird looks great flying in the mountains.
    I have used tester pots as well they last a long time.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Since my name is freebird I am always partial to birds, this one is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful scene Chrissie! I love your bird soaring high above those snowy peaks! A sight to make everyone smile! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! What a gorgeous background and totally fabulous page! Perfect for a winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is gorgeous and so skilled.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Chrissie! Love the cool blues and fabulous sentiment ! Thankyou for joining us at Stamps and Stencils . Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can almost feel the crisp, cold air... Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design