Journal Page and Inchie

Here we at Monday again already. Seems like every Monday I have the same title for my post and they do seem to go well together.

At Art Journal Journey I am hosting the Winter Wonderland challenge and I amazed that there are so many entries already and such terrific and varied ideas.

My page today is pure indulgence on my part as it represents a very wonderful winter for me in 1989/1990. Everywhere seemed to be snowy and icy, Vic and me had almost become a couple. He would drive me down country lanes in the snow and always had music on the radio or on tape. We seemed to liked the same music and sang along with whatever was on. One day he seemed a bit eager to drag me out into the cold car and he put a tape in the machine. This page is part of the song that was being played. I hadn't heard it before but it did become our song and still is even after 26 years of marriage.(to each other)lol

If you would like to hear the whole song it here 

Now for second inchie of the year for Every Inchie Monday where all the words this year have been chosen from Hitch Hiker's Galaxy. I have never even read it but Vic is a real fan so knows what every word represents. The word for this week is Sun. Another piece for my jigsaw.


Thank you for calling in and for the comments you leave 

Love Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. Lovely page Chrissie. Great quote! It just feels romantic and lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inchie and a lovely journal page with a very romantic story attached to it. Thanks again for joining us at Art Journal Journey, and for being such a good hostess. Have a nice Monday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did listen to Frank Sinatra, lovely song Chrissie...Love your journal page and inchie.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this page a lot. It's all so romantic. It brings some romantic memories))) Best wishes to you in this new 2016 year from all our team at www.essay-writer.club. Hope you'll take part in more challenges as I'm sure you're worth to be the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your romantic story and the Frank Sinatra song! ♥♥♥ And of course I love your page!!! Lovely! Thanks a lot dear Chrissie for all the ideas to AJJ!
    The sun inchie is sweet!
    Happy new week!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful piece to go with a very beautiful story, Chrissie. How lovely you have held your song dear for so many years. Your inchie is adorable. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful music piece and the story that went with it. Your puzzle piece is so much fun, can't wait to see this project all finished. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your trip down memory lane! Sunshine....what I wouldn't give to see some for more than 30 seconds!


    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely story that goes along with that pretty journal page. I love the child-like look of your cute little sun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your happy sun inchie. Really like the shape of your inchies. Can't wait to see them all together at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a lovely song Chrissie and thank you for sharing your memories with us. I'm sure many of us have special songs to capture special times.
    its a wonderful page and inchie.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How perfectly sweet and romantic.
    I'd never heard the song before.
    TFS such a precious winter memory Chrissie.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work on the journal page and I love the detail in the inchie. I cant wait to see what they whole puzzle will look like at years end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uh Oh!! I gone all teary now…should have listened to Frank later! Your page is beautiful Chrissie - what wonderful memory! I love your jigsaw piece too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful, romantic page - so glad you indulged yourself, and that you shared the song too... not heard it before, I think.

    And I love the idea of the words coming from Hitch Hiker's - say hello to Vic from another huge fan!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little sun is just adorable! Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. of course i clicked you tube to come to frank Sinatra. we have Cards for a Musical in copenhagen in may which is based on Sinatra Songs. i will think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww what a lovely story Chrissie and I love the piece you've created for it. Your inchie makes me smile, they are going to look fabulous all together xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design