Moo Mania and Face sketch

Happy weekend-hope you will have a great one. Thank you for calling in to Jumbled Crafts and making my day.
I thought it was about time I upped my game and joined in a few more challenges and maybe even something a bit different for me so hopefully I have managed to do that with one of these challenges.

At Moo Mania and More the challenge is Show Patterns. You don't even have to add a Moo if you don't want to so what could be simpler.

I covered a tin with patterned paper than decorated with 3 Moos that I decorated in drawn patterns and added a warning to leave my brushes alone as they seem to be used for anything but what I want them for.

Here is the coffee tin before the transformation

Now for a new venture for me. At Kim Dellow Show Your Face blog you can post a face you have created and the new week starts every Friday. I see a lot of my blog friends post there and I so admire the way they create faces. I try to make a beautiful face with a few strokes and fail miserably. I like to study faces on trains or buses and do a quick sketch then try to recall what they looked liked and sketch them at a later date.

http://www.kimdellow.co.uk/search/label/Show%20Your%20Face


This was a young man in a group of four on the train on Wednesday. They were going to a meeting I imagine as they talked little and concentrated on their laptops. This young man was looking at me at one point and smiled which gave me a chance to do a quick outline. I am sure he won't recognise himself from my charcoal and soft pastel chalk sketch but I did enjoy doing it.

Love Chrissie xx





Comments

  1. I love your super brush tin! Thank you so much for joining Moo Mania & More with it Chrissie! ♥♥♥
    I love that you even glued on Moo sized papers for the writing....BRAVO!
    It's fun to make sketches in the train.. I tried it just one time .. my sketches were miserable... I think your man looks really good - his eyes are beautiful and you did a great work with the shading as well!

    Hope you will show us more faces in the future! Looking forward to them!

    oxo
    Susi

    Happy weekend Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tin and patterns Chrissie - good luck with getting anyone to take notice of the request. My husbands ignores the sign I put on my craft room door and sneaks in to do his model railway stuff.

    Fantastic face - and a male one too - bravo! I love this - he has a wonderful expression and great eyes.

    Have a lovely weekend ... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic brush tin, great idea for Moo, thanks for joining us there. And nice to see you joining in at Show your face with that handsome male sketch. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great way to keep your brushes safe Chrissie ! Love it ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colourful brush tin Chrissie. Your young man's face looks fantastic, he looks so happy and you can see it in his eyes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing piece of re cycling!! So colourful and pretty! Love your friendly face also!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and inspiring creations Chrissie. These are really lovely.xx
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fabulous and colorful recycling tin, Chrissie. And your new face is amazing, his eyes are very expressive. Super!
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great transformation of your coffee tin and fab storage for your brushes. You face is fabulous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic altered coffee tin, great idea for storage. Your face is very well done. Happy Sunday, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a colorful and very practical brush holder you made. I love the people watching sketch that you made while riding in the train. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful brush tin, Chrissie. Fantastic face

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tin - what a transformation! I love to imagine you sketching on the train and the face is beautifully drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't dare touch your brushes now they are in such a fabulous container!! I love your face - maybe I will be brave enough to show one of my attempts one day!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tin! I made one recently (mine was smaller) and I still have 2 to go. I am so impressed at your face drawing, especially with live models and from memory. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Great face! Men are difficult to draw--and with facial hair and all! You did great. Keep on sketching and you will get happier and happier with your results. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great altered tin for your brushes - maybe I should go for a large container like this - my brushes now spread into four different jam jars and normal sized cans!

    Your face is fantastic - full of character, with the light of the smile reaching his eyes, and the shading gives it great depth and dimension.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay Chrissie! Welcome to the facers. It is so great to have you on board and I love that you are linking up to Show Your Face, so hope that we will see more. Wonderful face and I love his smile, I have not dared to try smiles yet, they are hard and you completely nailed it! Great work and I adore your 'Hands Off My Brushes' LOL! Thank you for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design