Journal Page and Card

Hi All from a very cold, wet and windy NE UK coast. Thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts. I am off to the dentist this morning, yet again. We have been almost everyday this last week for  one or the other of us. Vic said we should rent one of the flats above where the surgery :)

At Art Journal Journey the theme is architecture and I thought I would do something a bit different.

 This is one of the shelters on top of a Cumbria Fell.We used to climb the fells often when we lived in the Lake District and marveled at the way these places were built and the extreme weather conditions they have withstood for many years. We were never stranded at night time but have been glad of this type of shelter as many have been.


The original photograph, which I altered digitally, was taken by my son-in-law in 2005 when the area was new to him. They now are too busy to visit the mountains and prefer the hotter weather. At the moment they are in the Dominican Republic where it is 32 degrees. I would still choose the mountains given a choice.

I made this card for the challenge at Make My Monday where the theme is to use Inchies or Twinchies. The picture of it isn't as clear as I would like but it so dark and dismal here it is the best I could do I'm afraid. I printed out 6 inchies to use on my card.

Have a good day all

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Love the way the digital alterations also change the atmosphere - and the Ruskin quote! It's raining here too - your card looks great though, even in the poor light! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous digi collage Chrissie... what a super old shelter- I googled just now... fairly high mountains there - stunning! Thank you for linking again to Art Journal Journey dear Chrissie - the card is very pretty!
    Happy day and good luck at the dentist!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your digital piece today. I think those little shelters are quite beautiful, all built of stone like that. What a lot of work that must have been to build them. Hope the dentist visit wasn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely digital piece, I spent a lot of holidays hiking around those mountains. Thanks for joining us at Art Journ al Journey. Lovely card, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabulous looking shelter looks so different with your digital alteration. Looks like a moonlight night, maybe at Halloween with something eerie lurking inside.
    Wonderful card too.
    Hope the dentist visit went well... Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloomy cheltter but some way interesting, especially your altered page.
    The card is beautiful. Love the traditional Christmas colours.
    Have a great day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creations are beautiful Chrissie ! Another lovely quote... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I love your digi version better than the original photo. It's looks haunted and like a fire is lit inside, very eerie indeed. Great use of your inchies, but still way too early for Christmas cards for me - lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The digital transformation works well on this photo, I think the cropping helps too. Your card is lovely and yes the light is diminishing fast in our corner of the world and I have the same problem trying to take decent photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your digital version of the original photo. brought back memories for me as well, we used to spend many of out holidays walking on the fells.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your altered photo, a great version Chrissie. And the card is very beautiful.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. The original photograph looks marvellous, all the greys and the stones of the hut, and the idea that we are now at the top of the mountain.
    Your digital piece looks tremendous too, with a different atmosphere of menace rather than friendly shelter, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a dramatic page with your altered photo - it makes the mountain shelter look quite ominous... I think I might take my chances out in the open rather than dare enter! I tend to seek warmth and sunlight these days, but the Lake District does hold a special place in my heart. Lovely festive card too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great festive Christmas card made from inchies. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    Love your atmospheric photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design