Journal page and card

Hello everyone and a happy weekend to you. Nice to have you drop by today and thank you for your visit.

Today is going to be a crafting and sport watching day as it is cold and keeps trying to rain--not really doing much yet but I would rather stay in a keep warm and dry.

At Art Journal Journey the theme is Architecture and a little while ago Valerie posted some wonderful photographs of AKKO here on her blog. I saved one of them and admired it so much I wanted to have a go at painting it.

This was how I started out with a few colours of acrylic mixes

This is my finished page with a Marco Polo quote. I could never compete with the wonderful photograph that Valerie took but I did enjoy having a go.

At City Crafter's Challenge Blog you are asked to add some wood, This was a chance to get out my wooden emblishments and enjoy the smell of burnt wood that is still there in the box when I open it even though the emblies are a couple of years old as the company closed down that used to make them.

I used Distressed inks and charcoal pencil for the background and stuck on the wooden emblies and also a little piece of wood that I had used on another project and it had burlap stuck to it.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. I LOVE your painting, and thanks for being inspired by my photo, it is such a wonderful town, you would love it there. Thanks for making the gorgeous piece for Art Journal Journey, you have made my day! Great piece for City Crafters, too. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. the arch painting is wonderful Chrissie! Great! Fabulous that you have such a wonderful painting for Art journal Journey! Love it! The project for City Crafters is lovely as well.. I nearly can smell the wood-lol!
    Happy Saturday - we have here --- after a cold , grey and rainy week a wonderful sunny and warm Saturday!
    Nearly fantastic for the soul!
    oxo
    Susi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning painting of the arch Chrissie and a super quote. Loved your piece with the wooden details as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your painting Chrissie and it's a great quote. Great piece using the wooden embellishments.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two are very different. I love the way the painting draws the eye in.

    The charcoal is a great idea to use behind the wooden shapes - really rustic effect. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... This is so lovely :)
    It's cold here, too. I'm with you when it comes to keeping warm!
    I LOVE this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful projects Chrissie, the first one is fabulous. Have a lovely Sunday.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both creations are beautiful Chrissie ! I really admire your talent in painting... Wish I could do the same... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the painting invites you to walk in and explore - beautiful depth and dimension. Love the wooden elements on their rustic background - and I'm with you on the smell too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your painting from the photograph is tremendous, and I was intrigued as to how you started painting it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creations Chrissie & so inspirational :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really fabulous Chrissie, I couldn't begin to paint a picture, and yours is really good. Love your wooden piece too, I have a few of these embellies too and they do smell nice Hope you have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brave of you to attempt such a difficult painting, perspective wise, the sort that I avoid at all costs! You did a great job too... Love your card too, the background is gorgeous and I love the use of charcoal in it. Which I never thought of doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the painting especially, great depth and perspective! Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post.
    Have a great, creative week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful journal page and wonderful card for our challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your journal page is a wonderful piece of art journaling. I am impressed. And your take on our theme turned out a fabulous card. Wow! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Chrissie the journal page you have created is fabulous! I can only imagine the wonderful smell of the burnt wood, but I do love what you made with it. Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design