Japanese theme digital Page
Hi All. Beautiful morning here and no wind for a change so we are going to the car boot sale later to see what bargains there are to be had. Last time we went we bought an unused foot spa/massager for £3 and it has had lots of use already. Thank you for calling in and big welcome to my latest follower.
Today I have a fusion journal page using a photograph of ours and also a photograph of part of a cross stitch picture my daughter did years ago.
It is for Art Journal Journey where the theme for June is Masculine/Feminine and for Moo Mania and More where Anything goes. Hope to see you at both.
Lots of effects and jiggery pokery in Paint Shop Pro.
This was part of a large tapestry-one of many that my daughter did years ago when she was a cross stitch addict. Pleased to say she has recovered but is now a patchwork and fancy cake making addict--two for the price of one.;0)
Difficult to show all the little cross stitches
The photograph was taken in Peasholme Park in Scarborough. They always have a Japanese theme there and this round arch was right on top of a hill above the boating lake. Sorry you can no longer go to see it because of all the health and safety rules that have stopped us enjoying a lot of the life we used to lead. Whoops I almost fell of my soap box then.
Have a great day and I hope the sun is shining where you are
Love Chrissie xx




I love Asia and what you did here to combine the wonderful cross stitched piece from your dauhter with one of your own photos is magical Chrissie! Your daughter was and is as creative as you are it seems!
ReplyDeleteGood luck for the sale!
Thank you so much for being with us at AJJ and MM&M Chrissie!
oxo
Susi
Beautiful piece Chrissie, and a great take on the theme. Your daughter does beautiful work, I think she has it from her Mum! Have a lovely day, and enjoy the car boot sale, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteChrissie, firstly I am honoured you want to save some of my sentiments, it's a pleasure and hope you can do it anytime you feel inspired. That's what this is all about. Not about winning a prize in a challenge but winning the love and compassion of blogging friends like you and sharing what we have. Love the Japanese theme and love the tapestry your daughter made, its an art in itself and LOVE your page, a great work of art....xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}
ReplyDeleteYou always make the most fantastic collages Chrissie and this one is no exception... I used to cross stitch too... I hope you enjoyed your car boot time... I haven't been to one for ages... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
ReplyDeleteA very beautiful piece, Chrissie.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE
A fabulous piece Chrissy love your oriental theme.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good time at the car boot sale.
Avril xx
Gorgeous work Chrissie, I just love the theme! hugs :)
ReplyDeleteLooks so beautiful
ReplyDeleteCheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects
This is stunning Chrissie, you are so good at creating these digital pieces xx
ReplyDeleteLove how you matched the colours of the scene with the colours in the tapestry, it works very well as a whole and the feel is definitely oriental.
ReplyDeleteA stunning piece Chrissie, love how you can blend the scene and details all together.
ReplyDeleteYvonne xx
This is fabulous Chrissie! Love your digital work.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Mar
fabulous collage of mystic and magic in the air!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSandy xx
This is wonderful Chrissie.
ReplyDeletexxx Hazel.
Wow this fusion of photos is so clever- love it! xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely piece, Chrissie. I like the quote, and your daughter did an amazing piece with that cross stitch.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Marianne xo
This is fabulous! Great combination of images! Chrisx
ReplyDeleteGreat digital collaging techniques and I love the saying.
ReplyDeleteLovely art and yes the sun is really hot here!
ReplyDelete