Inchie and knitting

Good Morning Everyone from a wet NE UK coast. The plants needed some rain so they all look happy. My MIL is visiting today to bring something for Vic's birthday tomorrow. She would have liked to come tomorrow but I am whisking him off for a swim, sauna and steam at the Crown Spa Hotel in Scarborough. Well I'll enjoy the swim but I won't like the other stuff - I know Vic will. The things we do for love eh?

Today at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Movie

 This looks very like the sample one on the blog but I made it a few weeks ago so I didn't copy.

As that is all I have to show today I thought I would fit in a bit of knitting to show you. I always like to do knitting while I watch television because if I don't I fall asleep almost immediately I start watching anything.

 I made this cardigan to put away for next winter but it has been so cold I have worn it already
 It started life as a very misshapen, large cardigan that had never been worn and was only £5 at a charity shop

I unpicked it and wound it into hanks around my thumb and elbow, and washed it by hand and let it drip on the washing line to straighten out the wool

Then I wound it tightly into balls and it was good as new. I already had lots of buttons from another cardigan so I used those. Not a bad make for £5 I reckon.

Now I must look for something else that will keep me awake while telly watching.

Have a terrific day and thank you for calling in.

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. You are a ball of talent! Brilliant cardi! Great inchie minds think alike and we are all original. Enjoy all the birthday celebrations bits you can. Yep, the stuff we do for love..... and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that cardi is fantastic - a great bargain, and you were very industrious doing all the winding and straightening and knitting it so beautifully! Lovely inchie, too! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your inchie is so sweet Chrissie and your cardigan is fantastic ! Love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inchie Chrissie and your sweater is amazing! I've never had the patience for knit or crochet projects! Try to have fun at the spa! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely movie inchie & a great knit! Can't beat a bargain :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little Inchie this week Chrissie.. and wow wow wow ... fantastic patterns on this cardigan!
    You are very clever to do this in such a cheap way! My grandma and my grand aunt did this often as I was a child - they wrapped the wool round the arm of a chair . I loved this when the women knitted in the afternoon and I loved all the fabulous things they knitted for me. I knitted an crocheted as well - but nowadays I just do Art Journaling ...lol! I

    Happy new week Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bargain - love your re-knit! I only knit very simple things these days! Love your inchie too! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new cardigan looks lovely Chrissie and a bargain even though you had to do the preparation. Its a fabulous inchie as well.
    Enjoy your day out.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab inchie and your cardi is brilliant! What a cool piece of recycling. I wish I could knit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the inchie and the cardigan is beautiful. Have fun with the birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great work on the inchie! I really love that sweater, what great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your inchie - very representative of the theme. I think what you have done with the sweater is amazing. What a great way to recycle. lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My inchie is similar too, but I kept it simple :) I love your new "bargain" sweater (if you don't count the hours spent doing it LOL!), beautifully knitted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I'm sitting here looking at your post with my mouth hanging open and an "This is what you call a 'little knitting' shocked expression on my face....This is what you call a little knitting?!! Chrissie, this sweater is gorgeous!!! And then, to top it off, after scrolling down and reading that you had purchased a sweater, then unraveled it and made another with the yarn??? I'm so impressed, I could...I don't know...just sit here with my dropped jaw. You are an amazing knitter, and the sweater is so lovely, I'd wear it even in the summer...LOL...

    I can crochet, but a pot holder or scarf are my levels of expertise when it comes to knitting...oh, maybe I could manage a baby blanket as long as it's just a straight back and forth stitch and I don't make any mistakes (knitting is not very forgiving). The color of the sweater is lovely, too. Well, you really made my day. Your sweater is really divine.

    Sending hugs and love,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cardigan. I see we had the same idea for our inchies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great inchie Chrissie, and what a fab cardi! I can knit but not while watching TV, I have to concentrate, whereas my auntie can knit a Fairisle pattern, watch the telly and hold a conversation all at the same time lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great inchie, and the cardigan is lovely. I just couldn't be bothered to unravel one to knit another. Too much like hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great inchie, and the cardigan is lovely. I just couldn't be bothered to unravel one to knit another. Too much like hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Golly Moses - what amazing textures on your cardigan, Chrissie - fabulous work! And another adorable feltie!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design