Art Journal Journey Things With Wings and my special news

Hello Everyone and thank you for visiting Jumbled Crafts

I have some special news today as I have been invited by Valerie and Susi to be their Guest Hostess at Art Journal Journey this month. The theme this time is 'Things with Wings'. I'm sure we will all be letting our imagination run riot with this theme and I hope to be able to visit all of the blogs of the people who join in the challenge--could be 200 entries if the past is anything to go by.

I played it safe with my first page-choosing butterflies

 I used acrylics and lots of water for the background and did a bit of sponging to add some texture. Then I painted on the flowers while the background was still quite wet so they would seep into it a bit. I then drew the butterfly shapes and coloured them with  Promarker pens. The quote I found on Google.

Hope to see your ideas for the challenge soon You can enter as many times as you like and they will all be put into a Gallery Album for you to view at any time

Have a wonderful day or a good night's sleep if it is evening where you are .

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. So happy about your page and that you are our hostess this month Chrissie!
    Thank you so much !
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you as our hostess this month, love your happy butterfly page. I think we will all enjoy this month! Have a good day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous painting and a lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning page Chrissie! Love the butterflies and the flowers look wonderful! Congrats on being hostess and a wonderful theme! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats lovely Chrissie on your being a hostess for the challenges and such a fabulous art journal page.xxx {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous page, Chrissie.

    Have a wonderful Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Chrissie ! Love the colours and the sentiment... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page, Chrissie! Love the butterflies, flowers and colours. Great quote too.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow,a beaiutiful page chrissie,love the butterflys and the flowers,very romantic piece.
    have a great day.

    greetings jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being this months hostess Chrissie. This is a beautiful page with a lovely quote.
    Yvonnexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. No wonder they have asked you Chrissie, for your art is fabulous! Gosh, this page is so so pretty with the gorgeous butterflies and great quote! Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for providing this wonderful sample, chrissie!
    i always loved this Quote and you illustrated it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to read that you are hosting AJJ-challenge this month. Your painting is very beautiful and well done, Chrissie.
    Have a good week,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo...I really like this page, Chrissie. Love the colors, the theme, the butterflies, and the way you beautifully melted the colors into each other. Perfect quote, too. It's so cheerful!!

    Hugs and love,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations for your Guest Hostess post! Love your background, the poppies with feathering effect, it's a gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choice of theme and I really like your happy butterflies and the great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautifully made Chrissie, great inspiration for the challenge.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for such a great challenge this month. We all need some winged love to bring Spring in for us. Lovely pages. xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great paint work :) and a lovely idea for a theme :) T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely page to kick off the month at AJJ... as I said, I'm only sorry that I've found out so late that you're hosting the party! I really hope I can come and play...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design