Use some Fabric at Try it on Tuesday

Hello Everyone. Nice of you to call in at Jumbled Crafts today--thank you.

I am sure you are all ready for our new challenge at Try it on Tuesday where the theme this time is to use some fabric somewhere on your entry. Ribbon doesn't count as the fabric for the challenge.

Hope you will pop and see what my fellow team mates have made and feel inspired to join in with us.



I made this art journal as I seem to be doing a lot of journal pages recently and need somewhere to keep them all in book form.


This was my inspiration though it doesn't look very inspiring I know. I have some of Vic's old hankies that I use to clean paint brushes and wipe up stains and this is one that I rinsed through but it was still patterned.



I had a pad of large pages loosely joined together-ideal for making a book. I also found a quite large cardboard envelope that was just right for the outside of the book. After shaping it, I painted it with orange acrylic paint and then stamped and coloured the outside. The stamps were from a set by Chocolate Baroque

The fabric front was made with a piece of card covered in the hankie and also there was enough left to stick some down the spine. Then I drilled 3 holes through the whole thing and put key rings through the holes so the pages can be turned.

Just to finish it off with a flourish I added a few bag charms that I made from bits of felt.



Have a wonderful day

Love Chrissie 


Comments

  1. Beautiful journal cover, love how you used the old hankie. Glad you said you had washed it through! You always have GREAT ideas! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant journal cover, I love the hankie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and beautiful result. Wonderful AJ-cover, Chrissie.
    Have a nice day,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Chrissie ! You always come up with the most fantastic ideas ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colouring on your fabric Chrissie and what a genius idea with the handkerchief! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journal cover Chrissie. A super idea to use the mop up fabric as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your idea.. I always look at my paint rags in order to see art...lol.. sometimes they are soo cool.. I collect some to sew sometimes something out of them...but I guess this will be never!
    I have to make something for this challenge as well.. your fab sample here inspires me !
    Happy Tuesday Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic idea to use the paint hankie as artwork, it's beautiful ! Have a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea Chrissie!! Just love the hankie. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing and fantastic art journal, Chrissie!. Love the original details and hankie.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super art journal, love the hankie idea hugs Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific, Chrissie!! I always like the way pallets or in your case, wiping cloths come out. They are always beautiful with all the colors of past events. Makes a wonderful cover, and I like how you had some left over for the spine. Delightful! I can't wait to see all the great art projects you put inside.

    Hugs and love,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love he idea of using a hankie (which does look so colourful) bet it gives a great tactile feel to the journal.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - love the wiping cloth on your stunning journal

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant way to make use of your mop-up hankie (I assume Vic didn't need it back?)... a fab art journal cover.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design