Journal Page

Hello Everyone. A bit late in the day for me to post but I was out for a walk and then felt cold and tired when I got back as it had started to snow and even looking at it made me feel cold. Thank you for calling in.

At Art Journal Journey the theme of Inspired by the Masters is coming to an end with only 2 days left until the next challenge.


I always love the Chinese scrolls and I found this artist online so thought I would try one in his style

Ju Chao, a native of Panyu or Guquan. He was the older brother (or cousin) of the painter Ju Lian. He wrote "Poems of Shouxie Shi"  and "Yanyu Ci" 
Born: 1811
Died: 1865
Siblings: Ju Lian

I dyed some pieces from my old vertical blinds then stamped on them with two stamp sets I have had for a long time but not sure who they are by as I didn't used to keep them in their packages at the time. Then I coloured then with Promarkers anf stuck them onto a journal page in the style of the artist.

Love Chrissie





Comments

  1. WOW! Chrissie, this is fantastic - what a great idea, and so beautiful! Thanks for this gorgeous contribution to Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paged down to see your artwork as I thought the first (and only) photo was the Chinese original.
    Superb Chinese art tribute, love the little bird singing at the top of the tree and the pink blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love this, absolutely gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome art Chrissie, love the panels and how you displayed them.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Chrissie!! It really looks so Chinese, - totally love the idea of the panels, beautifully stamped too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your AJJ pages this month have been wonderful, Chrissie - and this one is no exception. Beautiful "silk panels" and your stamping and colouring captures the look perfectly.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a super gorgeous image. You have made the sweetest card and love the goodies added.xxx
    ..xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this lots Chrissie - it's beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Chrissie... The stamped images are gorgeous... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing Chrissie! Love love everything about it, it looks so authentic! You have really captured the
    feel of Asia with your artwork! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely- what adorable stamps you have!
    A fantastic idea to this page Chrissie!
    Happy weekend!
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful oriental set of images! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! You've captured the Japanese feel perfectly with this page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a clever idea Chrissie! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know anyone else who would have thought of, and been able to, make something so beautiful out of their old blinds. This 'masters' challenge has been great for you - I've loved seeing what you've done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design