Digital Collages and Happy Mail

Hello Everyone. Lovely to have a visit from you at Jumbled Crafts and thank you for calling in today.

At Three Muses this week the theme is Lighthouse

Living at the coast I know how important the lighthouse can be. I started off by using one of our own photographs taken near to our harbour and added a lighthouse, mermaids and a few effects. I always hope to see a mermaid but haven't so far.

I forgot to post my collage for last week so here it is.

The theme was Vintage Gothic arches

I would also like to link these to Art Journal Journey where the theme there for December is Collage

Now to my Happy Mail. I received a package from Valerie for Christmas and my birthday.


This is the wonderful box and the postman always comments on the beauty of the packaging that arrives when Valerie sends anything. I have blanked out our addresses

Here are the amazing contents. A very beautiful card, a decorated notebook, a wonderful hand made journal, a never ending scarf and some sports compression socks--she knows they will be great for me as I do so much walking as she does. Thank you dear Valerie for your kindness and friendship

Have a great day everyone

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. A visit to your blog is always a joy, Chrissie. I love the lighthouse picture and all the other goodies on show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collages are gorgeous Chrissie, love the quote on the first one... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love this colour combo, the image and oh everything about it. Just LOVE coming here.xxxxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical collages both, Chrissie.
    You've got really lovely gifts and it seems that you've been very kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collages, and I hope you will link them to AJJ, too? Great work, hope the mermaids don't distract the men in the lighthouse! Glad your little gifts got their safely, enjoy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Chrissie, I've always been looking for mermaids too but like you I haven't seen one.....yet!

    I love your lighthouse picture and all the rest of your goodies.

    Happy Christmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie your collage is gorgeous!...Valerie sent a wonderful package ! Enjoy, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, what treasures to behold! I love the lighthouse piece, the ghostly gothic arch piece, and the story of the happy mail. Thanks for sharing that with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collages are awesome dear Chrissie - so glad you linked it to AJJ too..
    And gosh....wow.... what fantastic gifts are these?!
    Wonderful!

    I wish you a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Chrissie!♥♥♥
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Chrissie, I love your lighthouse and your ghostly pieces, very atmospheric! Sorry I've not been around much Christmas seems to be coming early this year lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't my birthday until Jan 1st but thank you for the good wishes

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  11. Fabulous collages Chrissie, love the one with the gothic ruins.
    Enjoy your happy mail.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Christmas came early for you, lucky gal! Love both of your collages, especially the mermaids, how whimsical! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful post Chrissie with stunning creations and a lovely gift.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Lighthouse. Hugs. Danièle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your collages are always so special Chrissie, you have a style of your own, which I love! Happy Happy Birthday to you dearie ♥♥♥ Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two really haunting pages, Chrissie. There's something really subversive about those mermaids - in my head they're associated with the sirens, luring sailors to their deaths, so it's quite threatening that they're floating there, trying to overturn the good work of the lighthouse.

    And I love the ghosts in the ruins - definitely capturing something of what I feel when I visit ancient places - those souls in the stones, still somehow present. Amazing.

    And what lovely happy mail too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design