AJJ Collage and a card for Marina's challenge

Hi All. A bit brighter here today but raining at the moment I bet it will be sunny soon :) Hope you like what I have posted today and thank you for the lovely comments you leave. I have the best followers in Blogland. I bet we all say that.

At Art Journal Journey there is a collage challenge this time and I have done digital and painted ones but you can use any medium you like and enter as many times as you like.


This collage started when I found 2 of our old rail tickets in a drawer and it gave me the idea to make a Journey Collage. The background was a sheet of paper I had been using to protect my craft mat and it had lots of interesting shapes and splashes on it. I added a few more and then images I cut out of a travel brochure that was sent to us in the post. The other bits and bobs were in my scraps drawer.

Marina, at My Perfect Life, has reached the end of her 48 week Christmas Card Challenge and it was lovely of her to invite others to join her along the way. I kept falling behind but it did help me a lot to get my cards made early this year. Thank you Marina :)


So I have my cards written and ready to put stamps on them, then get them in the post. I had forgotten to make one for Vic so here is the one I made this morning which will be for the challenge as well as for my husband.

I used some paper I made and a Hero Art Snowman stamp that I coloured with Promarkers. Everything was backed with some gold glitter paper and the white card edged with Distressed Ink.

Have I really made enough cards ?--not sure yet until I see who sends them to us.

Have a great day all

Love Chrissie x 

Comments

  1. WOW ! Love your creations Chrissie ! Great use of the railway tickets on your gorgeous collage and the snowman on your card is so so sweet ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journey collage Chrissie - speaks specially to me as I will take a five day trip to London at the end of this month and am so excited ( with my daughter :13: - she is eager for shopping there***lol)
    What a fab idea to make a special card for hubby... I intend to do just that.
    Happy Sunday Chrissie and thank you so much for another fantastic contribution to Art Journal Journey!
    hugs
    Susi
    you are right-- we have the best followers ever♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collage, thanks again for this wonderful contribution to Art Journal Journey! Great card for Vic, too! Have a lovely Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journey collage! Oooh wouldn't it be nice to be in one of those places now. Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie this is just WOW FACTOR love it the image just jumps out of the paper...awesome work..love the card.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


    ReplyDelete
  6. great journal collage!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all I'd like to apologize for being MIA last week, but whilst being in the midst of renovating our upper floor we had to go abroad to meet several suppliers (great timing, I know!). And on top of that we came home this morning to find our central heating broke down… Thank goodness it is fixed again now, so we don’t have to wash ourselves with ice cold water anymore ;-) No fun, let me tell you! I am truly very sorry for having missed out on all of your latest creations Chrissie, but thankful to be able to enjoy them right now! Your beautiful work is always an immense pleasure for me to look at! And wow, what a lovely new blog look you have, too! Thanks for sharing, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. your travel Collage is wonderful and the Card so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, yes you get in the mood to reisen.Deine collage is very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic collage, love all the details and so many super places visited, Great Card for Vic as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific collage...I agree that paint palettes and art mats always are colorful and interesting. Nice that you used yours for the collage.

    Love your husband's card and so will he!

    Hugs and love,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your snowman is beautifully coloured and looks great with the glitter paper. Thank you for joining me so often with my Festive 48. It's been so great to have your company and to see the variety of cards you have made. Now I have made all these cards, I have to write in them and send them! I always enjoy making them more than writing them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love your journey collage. I want to hop straight on the Orient Express! Congrats on getting the cards done - barring emergency extras! - and a specially sparkly one to finish off for Vic.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design